Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I just started Reign on Netflix

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:27 PM
  • 36 Replies
I enjoy European history. Since I just finished my millionth time through the Tudors, it seemed a logical series to start next based on time periods.

With that said...this Bash character. He's cool but bugging me because he didn't actually exist. Anyone else get a little twitchy when shows and movies take major liberties with history? Not small embellishments...that's expected. But to just throw in a character that never existed??

Sigh...I'm committed now though. I have to see this through to the end.
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mischele
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Bash was my favorite. I know he wasn't real in history but I loved him. It's a great show.
cynnie22
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:29 PM
If you get Twitchy with that you better stop watching now.
The queen mother is the only decent, or should I say dynamic, character on the show.
cynnie22
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:31 PM
Bash was pretty great too.
The ridiculousness of it all caused me to abandon the show.

Quoting mischele: Bash was my favorite. I know he wasn't real in history but I loved him. It's a great show.
willow.tree
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:31 PM
The Tudors were full of "alterations". Both shows are entertaining and I do enjoy them :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:32 PM
That show is so inaccurate. It's terrible.

I loved Marie Antoinette though. That was also pretty inaccurate.
januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:33 PM
A friend of mine said that it didn't deviate too far from history...hopefully that proves true.

Quoting mischele: Bash was my favorite. I know he wasn't real in history but I loved him. It's a great show.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:33 PM
I just finished The Last Kingdom, I'm not a fan of period shows but really enjoyed it.

I couldn't really get into Reign.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:34 PM

You made it through the Tudors, but this particular show is too historically inaccuate?  Most of the Tudors was completely made up.

januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I forgave some of the alterations in the Tudors because they were minor (like Henry Fitzroy dying sooner) or history is conflicted....like whether or not Catherine Howard really said she'd rather die the wife of Thomas Culpeper. I like how the Tudors tried to have the etiquette and dress of that time accurate.

Quoting willow.tree: The Tudors were full of "alterations". Both shows are entertaining and I do enjoy them :-)
cynnie22
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:38 PM
Hahaha. You are in for a great ride.

Quoting januaryqueen: A friend of mine said that it didn't deviate too far from history...hopefully that proves true.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)