Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am NOT going to get rid of my dog just because SD is allergic

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

SD19 moved out over a year ago and into the dorms. She decided she didnt like them and wants to move into our house. I was pretty excited at first but now I really am not. 

First she was upset that she got another smaller room (we shifted around rooms when she moved out) and now she is saying that she is allergic to my dog and wants me to get rid of her. Sorry but that just is not going to happen. My dog is 14 years old and she has never lived in another home. I told her she could take some allergy medications or just deal with it. 

I cant believe she would even think that would be okay to ask. Of course BM is on her side and she is saying that I am now showing that I really am a wicked step mother. I know I need to just ignore her. 

I really just wanted to vent. I am not going to get rid of my dog. She doesnt have that much longer as it is

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SmurfGoneBad
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:57 PM

Has this allergy been documented through allergy testing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:58 PM
2 moms liked this
How long have you and dh been together? Because if she just moved out a year ago... I wouldn't get rid of the dog either. Poor thing is pretty well at the end of its life as it is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 7:59 PM

Nope and she also had no problem when she lived here with the dog before. 

Quoting SmurfGoneBad:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 8:00 PM

10 years 

Quoting Anonymous 2: How long have you and dh been together? Because if she just moved out a year ago... I wouldn't get rid of the dog either. Poor thing is pretty well at the end of its life as it is.

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 8:00 PM
Then she can live with BM. I wouldn't be getting rid of a dog for an adult child with no disabilities.
SmurfGoneBad
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 8:01 PM

Is she coughing, sneezing, having sinus infections, itching, rash......????  If not, she can suck it up?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Nope and she also had no problem when she lived here with the dog before. 

Quoting SmurfGoneBad:

handy0318
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 8:01 PM

Yeah.. that would be a big no for me as well. Heck, my son has verified, scratch test proved, allergies to dogs and we still have our pooch. Ds just makes sure the dog never goes into his bedroom, we vacuum a lot and the dog isn't allowed on the furniture. 

When he visits his grandma and her beasts ...a-hem...doggies... he takes an allergy pill. 

Sounds like your SD is taking cues from her drama llama mama.

DensHag
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope. She's ass out of luck. If she lived there before she didn't just "develop" an allergy.

She needs to be grateful for what she has and quit her bitching.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 8:01 PM

They sound like jerks who are trying to cause drama. It's sad her mom is egging on that type of behavior.Why cant she live with her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 8:02 PM
I think the dorms would suit her better
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)