Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well they are no longer our friends!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
7 moms liked this
I'm black, my bf is white. He helps with my kids if he's here and the other day asked me to show him how I do dds hair so he knows. So over the past week I've been showing him the basics and different styles for her hair. I took pictures and posted it on Facebook.

A woman who isn't a close friend but more than an acquaintance, commented that I shouldn't let "white folk" mess with up my baby's hair. Her husband backed her up and said "no hard feelings against the dude but they won't ever know how to really do it. You have to make sure she as a woman knows how to take care of her own special hair"

Wtf! I told them to take their negativity elsewhere because bf is doing a fine job and hasn't tainted her hair with his white skin.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:11 PM

They shouldn't have said it, but I think they meant well. I would try just talking to them before ending the friendship. 

cookiemonster77
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:12 PM
4 moms liked this

Good for you. Those comments are very small minded from your "friends"

Foxilady
by Nymph on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:13 PM
3 moms liked this
I would tell em to piss off...
sorrynotsorry1
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:15 PM
Ah man that sucks I'm sorry. I mean I guess you could teach me how to do it but for what its worth I would have no idea how to groom a black persons hair. Never tried I guess.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:16 PM
I would feel SUPER weird about letting any man touch my daughter's hair except her dad. I don't care what color you or he is.
cueballsmom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:17 PM
3 moms liked this
Really? That's surprising you are defending that kind of behavior.

Quoting lenashark:

They shouldn't have said it, but I think they meant well. I would try just talking to them before ending the friendship. 

corticosteroid
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:17 PM

Uh huh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:20 PM
2 moms liked this
I've known him since high school and we've been a couple for 4 years. I don't see the issue.

I do hair for my dds friends or my friends kids if they want me to, I don't see the difference.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would feel SUPER weird about letting any man touch my daughter's hair except her dad. I don't care what color you or he is.
DragonGirl319
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:21 PM
3 moms liked this
Even if it were a hairdresser who was a guy?

Just asking bc my all time favorite hairdresser is a guy

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would feel SUPER weird about letting any man touch my daughter's hair except her dad. I don't care what color you or he is.
monshine2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:21 PM
12 moms liked this
Hahaha Most dads have almost no idea how to do a little girls hair (despite race) so the fact that he's trying says a lot... Good for you to defend him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)