Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Carnival fun

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Took my kids to the carnival,I got them the wrist band for 10.. and I decided to get me one. And man do I feel old. It was fun seeing them smile and being excited. But I feel like I got run over by a bus.my legs hurt,my arm hurts and I am exhausted. I guess it's down hill for me.I am getting old.do you ever feel old and relize you can't do what your children do anymore.. and tomorrow is another busy day.. I am going be to crawling to my car after tomorrow night.. 😅
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2016 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2babymomma
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 10:37 PM
I don't do rides but I would love if the wrist bands here were only $10. They are $20 here. We went on a Tuesday and my girls had a blast.
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:27 PM
Unfortunately, I'm unable to ride any rides because I've had spinal surgery. Before surgery I used to love riding on carnival rides. Despite getting sick to the point of throwing up! It was worth the misery seeing the smile on my son's face!

Now days I just hit up the carnival for cotton candy and funnel cakes. I stuff my face while watching my son ride and have fun ;)
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:28 PM
They're twenty here too. Twelve to get in.

Quoting 2babymomma: I don't do rides but I would love if the wrist bands here were only $10. They are $20 here. We went on a Tuesday and my girls had a blast.
2babymomma
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:55 PM
The carnivals here are free to get in but I think the fair is like $10 to get in.

Quoting Ted1242: They're twenty here too. Twelve to get in.

Quoting 2babymomma: I don't do rides but I would love if the wrist bands here were only $10. They are $20 here. We went on a Tuesday and my girls had a blast.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2016 at 12:02 AM
It's kids day today so it's actually 15 if you buy at the fair.but we bought it ahead of time and got it for 10.. I wouldn't spend much more than that. My older boy is not huge fan of the big rides and my younger boy can't go on everything. (He won't go on the baby rides because he's not a baby)and he's too short for the big boy rides.. he did get to go on alot though today..

Quoting 2babymomma: The carnivals here are free to get in but I think the fair is like $10 to get in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2016 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol,I probably will be going that next year.. although my older boy (9) won't go on any scarry ride ,inless I'm their with him. My younger boy (5) pretty much could care less if I'm their.the bigger the ride the better.

Quoting blsdbyangel07: Unfortunately, I'm unable to ride any rides because I've had spinal surgery. Before surgery I used to love riding on carnival rides. Despite getting sick to the point of throwing up! It was worth the misery seeing the smile on my son's face!

Now days I just hit up the carnival for cotton candy and funnel cakes. I stuff my face while watching my son ride and have fun ;)
2babymomma
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2016 at 12:07 AM
With the price of individual tickets and how many you need for a ride we definitely got our money's worth with the wrist bands and I got my annual sausage and pepper sandwich. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's kids day today so it's actually 15 if you buy at the fair.but we bought it ahead of time and got it for 10.. I wouldn't spend much more than that. My older boy is not huge fan of the big rides and my younger boy can't go on everything. (He won't go on the baby rides because he's not a baby)and he's too short for the big boy rides.. he did get to go on alot though today..

Quoting 2babymomma: The carnivals here are free to get in but I think the fair is like $10 to get in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 5, 2016 at 12:09 AM
Take some ibuprofen!! I know exactly all too well what you're saying and have felt this way for a long time due to scoliosis affecting my back so badly.
katieculpepper
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2016 at 12:11 AM
Wristbands for our county fair were $35!!! You all are lucky!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2016 at 12:14 AM
That true. I probably would spend more as well.its ridiculous how many tickets they wanted for each ride..

Quoting 2babymomma: With the price of individual tickets and how many you need for a ride we definitely got our money's worth with the wrist bands and I got my annual sausage and pepper sandwich. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's kids day today so it's actually 15 if you buy at the fair.but we bought it ahead of time and got it for 10.. I wouldn't spend much more than that. My older boy is not huge fan of the big rides and my younger boy can't go on everything. (He won't go on the baby rides because he's not a baby)and he's too short for the big boy rides.. he did get to go on alot though today..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)