Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever heard of

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Sylvia Likens?

My grandma was 16, dad was 6 months and mom was 5. My moms uncle went to school with all of the kids.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myshoes
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:32 PM
Nope
-42-
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:33 PM
Yeah.
CraziestTexan39
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:34 PM
Nope
Lillibella
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:34 PM
Sylvia Marie Likens (January 3, 1949 – October 26, 1965) was an American murder victim. She was tortured to death by Gertrude Baniszewski, Baniszewski's children, and other young people from their neighborhood.

Likens' parents, who were carnival workers, had left her and her sister, Jenny, in the care of the Baniszewski family three months before her death. The parents were paying Baniszewski $20 a week to care for her.

Baniszewski, her daughter Paula, her son John, and two neighborhood youths (Coy Hubbard and Richard Hobbs) were tried and convicted of torturing and murdering Likens. The case was described by the prosecutor in Baniszewski's trial as "the most terrible crime ever committed in the state of Indiana".[1]

No, but I have Google.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:35 PM
Are you from the area or just aware of the story/movie?

Quoting -42-: Yeah.
2boys2girlsAmy
by Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:36 PM
An American Crime. I read the book ans watched the movie.
The movie had Ellen Page in it (Juno)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:37 PM
Yeah. I've actually been in the basement that it all happened in.

Quoting 2boys2girlsAmy: An American Crime. I read the book ans watched the movie.
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:37 PM
It's hard to believe people like this exist in the world. Yet here's an example of an entire sick family. So sad. Sad and scary.

Quoting Lillibella: Sylvia Marie Likens (January 3, 1949 – October 26, 1965) was an American murder victim. She was tortured to death by Gertrude Baniszewski, Baniszewski's children, and other young people from their neighborhood.

Likens' parents, who were carnival workers, had left her and her sister, Jenny, in the care of the Baniszewski family three months before her death. The parents were paying Baniszewski $20 a week to care for her.

Baniszewski, her daughter Paula, her son John, and two neighborhood youths (Coy Hubbard and Richard Hobbs) were tried and convicted of torturing and murdering Likens. The case was described by the prosecutor in Baniszewski's trial as "the most terrible crime ever committed in the state of Indiana".[1]

No, but I have Google.
2boys2girlsAmy
by Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:39 PM
Really? I love to read true crime books ad watch the movies. I am always trying to understand how some people can be so sick and twisted.
Do you live where it happened?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah. I've actually been in the basement that it all happened in.

Quoting 2boys2girlsAmy: An American Crime. I read the book ans watched the movie.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:41 PM
Naww😖
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)