• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People really suck!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I was worried about this when I first got my disabled placard, but nothing has happened till today. I park in the disabled spot, got my shopping done and when I went out to my car some asshat just had to say something. I guess being so young and not in a wheelchair I'm not "disabled" enough to park there. Never mind my state issued placard, my cane and my 5 minute walk back to my car. Asshole.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:41 AM

Ehh, it'll happen 20 more times.

You should really piss him off and say you're not even disabled and just wanted a good spot.

Leave with a smile. It's not worth being angry or hurt over.
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:43 AM
People are jaded. So many abuse the placard. You'd better get a thicker skin and learn how to let it roll off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

lol....thank you! I didn't want to get hurt or angry over it, but being the first time, I sure did. I'll use your advice next time, could be quite funny!

Quoting Elyce225: Ehh, it'll happen 20 more times. You should really piss him off and say you're not even disabled and just wanted a good spot. Leave with a smile. It's not worth being angry or hurt over.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:46 AM

I thought I wouldn't be so upset about it, but I guess being the first time really did kind of hurt. I'm over it now, screw 'em lol!

Quoting Diamepphyre: People are jaded. So many abuse the placard. You'd better get a thicker skin and learn how to let it roll off.

702girly
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:47 AM

Some people just look for any excuse to be assholes. 

I had someone yell at me for parking in a disabled spot a few years ago and it was just a normal spot. LOL 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:00 AM

Oh wow, that's really sad. Going to grow my thick skin now, I know it won't be the last time someone wants to be an asshat!

Quoting 702girly:

Some people just look for any excuse to be assholes. 

I had someone yell at me for parking in a disabled spot a few years ago and it was just a normal spot. LOL 

pocobuckgal
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:04 AM
We have a card for my daughter and one for my son ( both have seizures and other DXes ) and my daughter even uses a service dog and people still yell stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:08 AM
Tell them it's your dead grams and you didn't want it to go to waste
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:08 AM

That's terrible! I'll never understand why people have to be so rude!

Quoting pocobuckgal: We have a card for my daughter and one for my son ( both have seizures and other DXes ) and my daughter even uses a service dog and people still yell stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:09 AM

That's so wrong, it might just be worth it!  lol!!!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Tell them it's your dead grams and you didn't want it to go to waste

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)