Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much would you pay?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
Employee does not have a degree but does have some college experience including an ITE class. Jobs duties include:

Make a daily to do list for boss
-include written or printed directions if needed

Respond to any business emails

Type up and print/email invoices and receipts

Keep payroll and employee hours in order

Keep boss updated via phone calls of any changes in his schedule

Schedule jobs and assign crews

Arrange meetings

Put together company info packets

Manage company Facebook page and website

This is for a small construction business owned by my husband. He doesn't have an office building, we have an office added on to the house that the employee would be working at.

How much would you pay?

Oh and the hours would be 9-3 mon-Thursday
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nancym3
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:00 AM
$15-18 an hour? I have no idea. Can you find out the salary for a comparable job in your area?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:01 AM
I will try...I'm just not sure what exactly to search. Receptionist? Personal assistant?

Quoting nancym3: $15-18 an hour? I have no idea. Can you find out the salary for a comparable job in your area?
nancym3
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:03 AM
If through job includes handling payroll, it's more than a receptionist. Office assistant, maybe?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I will try...I'm just not sure what exactly to search. Receptionist? Personal assistant?

Quoting nancym3: $15-18 an hour? I have no idea. Can you find out the salary for a comparable job in your area?
PurpleUnicorn_2
by Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:03 AM
You should research similar salaries in your area.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:03 AM
Well you have like 16 jobs all smashed into one.

You'll be hard pressed to find a comparable job. Since you have payroll, administration and social media and those all have different pay scales.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:06 AM

around 17 per hour. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:06 AM
Right. I did look up office assistants and it said 18 an hour was average for our area. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quoting nancym3: If through job includes handling payroll, it's more than a receptionist. Office assistant, maybe?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I will try...I'm just not sure what exactly to search. Receptionist? Personal assistant?

nancym3
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:08 AM
You're welcome! Good luck!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Right. I did look up office assistants and it said 18 an hour was average for our area. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quoting nancym3: If through job includes handling payroll, it's more than a receptionist. Office assistant, maybe?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:10 AM

I guess it depends on where you live?  

I would think that would be considered an Office Assistant Position and would say starting (depending on experience) between $16-$18

Uzma_mom_of_2
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:13 AM
Sounds like an office assistant. Minimum $14 and hour. If they prove themselves good at their job after 3 months, give them a raise to $16.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)