• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for mom of uncirc boys

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
Long story short i decided not to have my son(now 6) circ because his dads was botched and he didn't want it done. My incredible amount of research said don't pull the skin back until he's old enough to do it himself.

So he was old enough and every time he took/i gave him a bath or shower i would tell him to pull it back.well he mostly showers himself now, i just come in to wash his hair because he only ever does the top lol ANYWAY i don't usually watch him pull it back anymore. Just tell him to do it. So he did it in front of me today and the skin still barely pulls back. Just enough so you can see the hole to his urethra and a little bit around that. Is this normal? I asked my sister because she didn't have her sons done either and her sons pulls all the way back. Is it just different for each kid? Would this be a stupid thing to make a doctor appt for? He doesn't have any trouble urinating, isn't saying it hurts. I just don't know what the norm is.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thePBandJmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:39 AM

Its normal, just let him pull it back as far as he can.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:42 AM
Yeah it's different for all boys. It becomes fully retractable at different ages. My boy is almost 6 and sounds about like yours. Although sometimes I feel like he gets carried away and I tell him to stop. Lol. I'm afraid he's gonna rip that thing one day.
mischele
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:43 AM
I'm not sure. He should be getting a physical or check up done once a year so they would check it then.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:45 AM
He already had his 6 year check up in April, and i don't think they even checked it

Quoting mischele: I'm not sure. He should be getting a physical or check up done once a year so they would check it then.
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:46 AM

It's normal.

It may pull back more when he starts whacking it and or having sex. As long as it's clean there's nothing to worry about.

Ps. The pee hole is called the meatus (me-a-tuss).
Rlmama00
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:46 AM
If it's not causing any issues, leave it be.
mischele
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this
My boys have had their privates checked at all check ups or physicals. If it were my son I would have him checked out

Quoting Anonymous 1: He already had his 6 year check up in April, and i don't think they even checked it

Quoting mischele: I'm not sure. He should be getting a physical or check up done once a year so they would check it then.
thePBandJmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:48 AM
2 moms liked this

There is no need for the doctor to check it unless he is having problems. Doctors have actually been known to cause problems by forcing it back before its ready.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He already had his 6 year check up in April, and i don't think they even checked it

LOLnope
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:50 AM

i dont think thats normal.  mine kids' pull back

ninjakids
by Christina on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:53 AM
It can vary. Some teens/men have to be circd because of it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)