Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

POA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
Anyone have experience with POA for a child (medical/educational POA) living with you?
Any issues/concerns to be aware of? Questions I may need to ask? I have a couple questions but trying to go in fully prepared and ready. Plus t helps calm my anxiety to have a little more info and be prepared with questions

Right now my list consists of: asking about getting custody papers (like if it's possible, easiest/best way to do so), making sure I can do 100% of what's needed with the POA, going out of town/state, seeing siblings (one of the girls added that), and if she can just show up and decide they need to go back to her house whenever she pleases- this one being our top concern and priority, it's also the reason I'd prefer to have a CO in place instead of just POA.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:32 AM
Bump
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:34 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting KendallsMommee: Bump
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:07 AM
I could do this all night...lol.

Bump!
yo_ho
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:08 AM

We were granted full educational rights to our two foster kiddos. Allowed me to agree to service plans for regional center. That's about all I got. Not sure if it's the same thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Tonight I'm too tired and unfocused lol. It was a super super long day, 3 am now and I'm just finally getting ready to lay down!

Quoting KendallsMommee: I could do this all night...lol.

Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:11 AM
I *think* it's similar, not 100% she didn't explain much and said she'd give us more info at the meeting :/
I asked if it's in a sense be like having custody and she said no but I'll have power over their medical and educational decisions/needs. But that's about all I got

Quoting yo_ho:

We were granted full educational rights to our two foster kiddos. Allowed me to agree to service plans for regional center. That's about all I got. Not sure if it's the same thing.

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:14 AM
Hope tomorrow is better for you.

Bump!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Tonight I'm too tired and unfocused lol. It was a super super long day, 3 am now and I'm just finally getting ready to lay down!

Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Tomorrow's just as long except I only plan to go to the store down the road and the rest of the day will be spent at home Working on chores and home "renovations"

Quoting KendallsMommee: Hope tomorrow is better for you.

Bump!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Tonight I'm too tired and unfocused lol. It was a super super long day, 3 am now and I'm just finally getting ready to lay down!

Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:33 AM

Yes. I have both a medical and educational POA for my grandkids that I'm raising. It was very simple and cut and dried. I just went online and found the forms that I needed and added in the information required about the kids and printed them out. Made an appointment with a notary at my bank and got their mother to meet me there and she signed the paperwork and that was the end of it. My POA's don't have an expiration date they can be revoked by her in writing or verbally at any time. I keep a photo copy of each in my purse so that if I need it I have it on me. There is a copy of the medical one in each kids medical records and the same with the educational one a copy is in each kids school records. 

There really isn't anything to ask. Each of the POA's are just specific as to what is covered by that POA.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)