Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your church talk about homosexuality

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 88 Replies
I've been going to my church since I was a kid. I've can't recall them ever preaching about it or discussing it.

A few years ago I went to visit a friend at her parents in a small town and the one and only church service I attended, they talked about how awful it was that another state chose to turn against God or something to that nature(I think the state was NY).

I've always figured that church was the exception, not the rule and my church is the normal one.

Thoughts? I go to a baptist church btw
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
702girly
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:36 AM

My dad's familyis Catholic and my mom's is Lutheran so I grew up going to both churches. I never heard it mentioned even once. 

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:38 AM
No church here.

Bump.
Cbreland07
by CranioMama on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this
My church has in the past.. Not often, and not saying how terrible it was, but just that it's a sin, like lying, gossiping, stealing or any other sin. I'm non denominational
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:42 AM

No

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:44 AM
Yes but our preacher says love the person hate the sin, it's not our place to hold judgment
GaleJ
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry we're Unitarian Universalists and have no issue with how people lives their lives. Our denomination has supported full rights for everyone for a rather long time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:51 AM

how sinful and disgusting that lifestyle is their words yes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:53 AM
1 mom liked this

right, pretty much this. Its not talked about alot but its common knowledge that most people dont agree that its in Gods will, im also non denominational. OP even though its not mentioned you would prob find most people dont agree with it at your church unless your in a very liberal baptist church.

Quoting Cbreland07: My church has in the past.. Not often, and not saying how terrible it was, but just that it's a sin, like lying, gossiping, stealing or any other sin. I'm non denominational

thatgirlyouknow
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:55 AM
Nope. My dads are members of my church too, no one there has ever said anything to them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:56 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm Episcopalian, it's not mentioned at all. It's also not an issue, we have several same-sex couples in our congregation - most of them married. We also have openly gay clergy in the Church, and have for years.
Honestly, the first gay people I knew were through church. So when I hear others talk about how horrible it is, and when I hear people preach to love the sinner hate the sin (the "sin" being sexuality), I'm befuddled. That's just so different from what I've experienced, I can't understand why people get angry or offended by whom another person loves.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)