Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Here we go again-Update

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:48 AM
  • 14 Replies

Tuesday night I broke my wrist. I fell in the kitchen and broke my wrist, cut my lip, got a black eye and bruises on my knees and elbows.I saw the orthopedist this morning and then we left for the beach. I am in pain! Real pain! They gave me pain pills and said to keep it elevated. The pain meds make me sleepy. This week was supposed to be a fun time before DD leaves for college. Now it is me grimacing in pain and walking around with my wrist in a cast & sling. Now I won't be able to help her pack and move into the dorm!!

Update-I am feeling better today. Everybody is telling me the sea air snd ocean waters do wonders for the mind and body. I can only wade in the water but i can sit in a lounge chair on the beach or by the pool. I hope the rest of our vacation goes well. 

by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:50 AM
Why is this again? How often do you break your wrist?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:52 AM
My dad busted his leg the same day my house was ready to be built. We were gonna build a lot of it together. I ended up doing most of it myself. 😐

Been there. Done that.

Just support your DD and enjoy this time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:56 AM
Uh huh. I hate when I fall in the kitchen and the cabinets punch me in the eye on the way down. Happens all the time.
MBMBRN
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:10 AM

I'm sorry :(

Bettywooptiedoo
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:19 AM
Wth is really going on?
Zonjon1011
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:56 AM

Two years ago I fell on the steps and broke 4 bones in the process. 3 bones in right ankle and 1 finger. The MMD has reared its ugly head again!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Why is this again? How often do you break your wrist?

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 6:29 AM
how'd you get the black eye
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:20 AM

This just doesnt sound right, if your in that much pain and in a mess what the hell are you doing going to the beach? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:25 AM
Sorry, but your story is full of holes.
AJsMom81507
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:29 AM

OMG i just peed my pants.  lol

Quoting Anonymous 3: Uh huh. I hate when I fall in the kitchen and the cabinets punch me in the eye on the way down. Happens all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)