Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP! Bee nest on my porch!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
So this is the first time ive ever seen an actual bee nest this close to me. My dd was looking outside our porch window and she came running to me saying there was a huge spider. Well i went to look and it was plenty of bees all together in one big group in between the railing of our porch. I never had to deal with this kind of thing before so i have no idea what i should do. Do i leave them there and wait until they eventually leave? Do i get rid of them? I live in an appartment and have a landlord. Is it necessary to call the landlord? Please tell me what i need to do? I have no idea.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 8:39 AM
Bump
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 8:42 AM
Are they bees or wasps?
Spam72
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 8:45 AM
Spray it with fogger, you can get it anywhere. Then knock it down with a broom. Get away from the area for a bit and when the live news are gone throw the hive away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 8:45 AM
I'd speak to your landlord.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 8:46 AM
Im not even sure actually. I just know theres one huge group all together. They have wings and are like a golden brownish color. Its just hard to see because the sun is hitting directly on them and im looking at the distance of my window.

Quoting lenashark: Are they bees or wasps?
PoisonEyeV
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Poke at it with a short stick.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 8:47 AM
My window is right next to the nest. Once i open it im scared some will fly inside my home.

Quoting Spam72: Spray it with fogger, you can get it anywhere. Then knock it down with a broom. Get away from the area for a bit and when the live news are gone throw the hive away.
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 8:47 AM
I'd kill them with a spray (can get it at Walmart, home depot, lowes) because I've got a little one who like to mess with things. I'm also allergic.
Lillibella
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 8:47 AM
Call your landlord.
Edit: I can't wait to read how many women on here claim allergy when it's less than 5% of the population with a bee sting allergy. All of those people will be on this site.
Spam72
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 8:48 AM
They are bees, not attack dogs.

Quoting Anonymous 1: My window is right next to the nest. Once i open it im scared some will fly inside my home.

Quoting Spam72: Spray it with fogger, you can get it anywhere. Then knock it down with a broom. Get away from the area for a bit and when the live news are gone throw the hive away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)