Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Missing Cincinnati teen's boot found in Grand Teton National Park - She has been found SAFE!

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:12 AM
  • 12 Replies
9:36 AM, Aug 5, 2016
11:22 PM, Aug 5, 2016

CINCINNATI -- Authorities found a boot belonging to a missing Cincinnati teenager during a search Friday, according to a news release from Grand Teton National Park, but Fauna Jackson herself is still nowhere to be found.

Jackson, 16, was with a service group working in Grand Teton National Park. She was last seen at about 8:45 a.m. Thursday on the east US Highway 89 near Triangle X Ranch. Fauna's coworkers told officials she did not return from a bathroom break.

More than 100 volunteers helped search the area where she disappeared Thursday and Friday, but the boot was the only thing they found. Authorities said they do not believe Fauna was wearing the boot at the time of her disappearance; instead, it may have been in her backpack.

Fauna Jackson
Fauna, a sophomore at Clark Montessori High School in Hyde Park, is 5-foot-6 and 120 pounds. She has blonde hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a white hat, tan pants and a long-sleeve green shirt with the text "Find Your Park" and "Groundwork USA." She may also have a purple backpack.

Groundwork USA works with the National Park Service, Environmental Protection Agency and local groups across the country to improve the environment. The group had a crew of about 20 members working on a trail reroute project in the park, officials said. The crew was supervised by National Park Service rangers and Groundwork staff.

Groundwork Cincinnati - Mill Creek Executive Director Robin Corathers said Fauna had worked with the group's "green team" for an eight-week project in Northside. Because of Fauna's "outstanding contribution," she was one of three Cincinnati youths picked for the trip to Grand Teton, Corathers said.

"She's a delight to be around," Corathers said of Fauna. "She got along very well with her peers. She did outstanding work for us the eight week period. And she showed a lot of leadership potential."

Alan Edwards, also with Groundwork Cincinnati - Mill Creek, called Fauna "a great individual" who "will befriend anyone."

"She's very strong minded, very smart, able to handle all the tasks we had over the course of the summer -- trail-building, invasive removal, restoration work," Edwards said. "Honestly, one of the best employees we had and that's why she got to go."

Officials announced on the park's Facebook page that they "conducted a hasty search of the area and continued with ground crews, helicopter, dog teams and road patrols throughout the day" but were initially unable to locate Fauna. About 100 people have been involved with the search so far, rangers, maintenance workers, administrative professionals, naturalists, paramedics, dispatchers, couriers, vegetation crew members and others.

Anyone with information about Fauna's possible whereabouts is asked to call 307-739-3393.

Cincinnati Public Schools issued a statement about Fauna's disappearance, saying: "Our thoughts and prayers are with Fauna and her family, and the Clark community, during this difficult time."

Staff at Grand Teton National Park also released a statement on Facebook Friday night.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/hamilton-county/cincinnati/cincinnati-teen-missing-in-grand-teton-national-park

by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missymackie
by Hey Brother on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:16 AM
Oh that's awful..I hope she's found okay :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:19 AM
The article I read said that they don't believe she was wearing the boot at the time of her disappearance. I hope she is found safely, but it's not looking good. :(
Just reread this article and it says the same thing, they think it fell out of her backpack, but if that was the case, what was she wearing on her feet?
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:29 AM
She's in the Cincinnati children's choir my sis works for. We are all praying.

Quoting missymackie: Oh that's awful..I hope she's found okay :(
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:30 AM
It doesn't look good. =0(

Quoting Anonymous 1: The article I read said that they don't believe she was wearing the boot at the time of her disappearance. I hope she is found safely, but it's not looking good. :(
Just reread this article and it says the same thing, they think it fell out of her backpack, but if that was the case, what was she wearing on her feet?
Plus-size-mommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:45 AM
She was found safe!!!
siri_j
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh that is wonderful!!

Quoting Plus-size-mommy: She was found safe!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:09 PM
Oh thank god.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:25 PM
Thank you for posting!!

SerpentsKiss
by Erica on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:33 PM
Read the linked article. It states that she had cut and dyed her hair and changed clothing. Sounds like more is going on.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:40 PM
There definitely must be. I'm glad she's safe though. This will get very interesting as she is/was a member of the choir that my sis does work for (event coordinator).

Quoting SerpentsKiss: Read the linked article. It states that she had cut and dyed her hair and changed clothing. Sounds like more is going on.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)