Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those who have had a homebirth

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I am having my first homebirth (4th child) and I was going over the list of needs my midwife gave me to have prepared for labor, delivery, and after birth. One thing I came across was she put depends on the list for the first few days when your bleeding is super heavy. I am a heavy bleeder, so I do need something heavy duty like the pads they give you in the hospital, but I am just not going to wear a diaper. There is enough about labor, birth, and postpartum that makes you feel completely unattractive and like you've lost every smidge of decency, wearing a diaper is just too much for me.
If you had a homebirth what did you use for the first few days after for the bleeding? I know regular pads aren't going to be enough for the first maybe 3ish days. Is there somewhere I can order some of the hospital grade ones online? What did you use if you didn't go for depends?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:09 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:14 AM
I've always just used pads. If you look online nd you're willing to pay the price, you can probably find the ones they use at the hospital., Just Google hospital grade pads oe soaker pads.. I dont know the actual term for them.. Or even if you have a medical supply store nearby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:16 AM
The regular pads worked for the really heavy initial bleeding? I am so willing to just get those if they work. I just assumed they wouldn't cuz you are given the super giant ones in the hospital lol. I figured there had to be a reason they didn't just give you the type you can buy at the store, I was guessing they would leak or something.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I've always just used pads. If you look online nd you're willing to pay the price, you can probably find the ones they use at the hospital., Just Google hospital grade pads oe soaker pads.. I dont know the actual term for them.. Or even if you have a medical supply store nearby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:25 AM
Yeah, I just changed often. But when I had hospital births they had some of those disposable soaker pads for the beds and those folded up worked alright too.. hospital postpartum pads is what they're called, I guess (duh) lol this baby is sucking back the brain Juices already.. I buy the biggest pack of super overnight pads I can find LOL you can buy the postpartum pads online. You'll have different sources to buy them from, I live in Canada, so I probably won't get the same search results as you.

Quoting Anonymous 1: The regular pads worked for the really heavy initial bleeding? I am so willing to just get those if they work. I just assumed they wouldn't cuz you are given the super giant ones in the hospital lol. I figured there had to be a reason they didn't just give you the type you can buy at the store, I was guessing they would leak or something.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I've always just used pads. If you look online nd you're willing to pay the price, you can probably find the ones they use at the hospital., Just Google hospital grade pads oe soaker pads.. I dont know the actual term for them.. Or even if you have a medical supply store nearby.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:28 AM
I just used regular pads.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:41 AM
Ok awesome, I didn't realize those would do the trick. Thanx.

Quoting thenameshailie: I just used regular pads.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)