Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

:(

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:28 AM
  • 5 Replies

A month ago my mom told me that she applied for a job in a different state. It's where her husband is from. I've never been so far away from my mom. We don't spend every weekend together or see each other everyday. We do have a great relationship. She is more than my mom, she's my friend too. I'm so happy for her. I am also so sad for me and my children. She's going to be 5 hours away from me instead of 5 mins. On a positive note at least she's moving near the beach so we will be vacationing for free.

by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:33 AM

Dude, I know what a bummer that is :( My husband's mom moved two states away this past year and it was a really tough adjustment for everyone and even though I know she's much happier where she is, I'd still take her back any day.

Set up Skype, make sure everyone knows how to use it, and plan to do video chats like once a week or so. 

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:37 AM
I haven't lived near my mom in 7 years. Currently she is in AZ and we are in Florida. We skype at least once a week and visit a few times a year.
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:38 AM

Just keep putting some money aside so you have gas money for frequent visits!

dsk886
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:41 AM

At this point I don't know what i'm going to do without her being right down the street from me. Maybe in the future we will be able to move closer to her.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Dude, I know what a bummer that is :( My husband's mom moved two states away this past year and it was a really tough adjustment for everyone and even though I know she's much happier where she is, I'd still take her back any day.

Set up Skype, make sure everyone knows how to use it, and plan to do video chats like once a week or so. 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:42 AM

Maybe y'all will get lucky and be able to make frequent trips to see each other. She's visited here like 3 times and we sent our oldest down to spend time with her this summer. We see each other enough that it hasn't been that painful. 

Quoting dsk886:

At this point I don't know what i'm going to do without her being right down the street from me. Maybe in the future we will be able to move closer to her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)