Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I being TOO harsh?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
DH says I'm trying to control who he has as guests.

I have some bitter feelings about how things have gone in the past.

DH has a younger cousins who he would get on occasion. He'd then leave and I'd have 5 kids to look after. On Sunday, I'd prepare lunch after church. I asked him to take her home once everyone had eaten as I wanted to prepare for the week and relax to watch Sunday night TV.

He'd refused and say he will take her home when he wants. I started yelling her mom no because of the issues with taking her home etc.

At one point, she called her mom and said sometimes that were not true about myself and our home. After that I said she can only come on rare occasions. He says I'm too harsh.

I have 4 kids of my own. I don't have to deal with another child especially one that lies.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoch86
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:16 AM

If he's leaving you there to deal wit the child, then no( although if it's one extra child, i don't really see the issue).

you need to tell your husband that he is responsible for the child while she/he is there. If he leaves, drive the kid home yourself.. Or call the kids parents.

as for you relaxing on Sunday! Again, you have 4 kids.. If you can do that with your 4 running around, you can do it with 5.

if you simply don't want the kid aroind, because you simply don't... Then again, not harsh, maybe you're a bit of a douche, but not harsh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:16 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:17 AM
The problem is that she lies.

I just w9nt deal with her issues.

Quoting xoch86:

If he's leaving you there to deal wit the child, then no( although if it's one extra child, i don't really see the issue).

you need to tell your husband that he is responsible for the child while she/he is there. If he leaves, drive the kid home yourself.. Or call the kids parents.

as for you relaxing on Sunday! Again, you have 4 kids.. If you can do that with your 4 running around, you can do it with 5.

if you simply don't want the kid aroind, because you simply don't... Then again, not harsh, maybe you're a bit of a douche, but not harsh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:18 AM
I can't call her parents. They don't want to be bothered. They call me all the time to take her.

Quoting xoch86:

SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:18 AM
If he's going to leave her there or expect you to cook or clean for her then yes you get final say.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:20 AM
Then last time she broke a few things and I had to repair them..

Quoting SAHMJC: If he's going to leave her there or expect you to cook or clean for her then yes you get final say.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:21 AM
My nephew tells people I beat him. Grandma of course believes his lying behind because the sun shines out this kids ass. I REFUSE to be alone with him or have him in my home. So no I don't think you are being to harsh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:21 AM
My husband had two little cousins. 18 months and 2 months. Their mother left his uncle. Somehow I got saddled with them and now 10 years later they're still here most of the time.

Just say no!!!!!
Mama8080
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:22 AM
3 moms liked this
Tell him if everyone thinks you're beating him you might as well start

Quoting Anonymous 2: My nephew tells people I beat him. Grandma of course believes his lying behind because the sun shines out this kids ass. I REFUSE to be alone with him or have him in my home. So no I don't think you are being to harsh.
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Not in my opinion but I don't babysit for anyone. There are only furry kids in my house and I like keeping it that way. 

Instead of telling hubby to taken her home, since he left her in your care, I would have taken her home and made it crystal clear that she could not come over unless mom comes and takes the kid with her when she leaves. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)