Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I. Am. PISSED

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
I have been getting my nails done twice a month for the better part of 3 years.

I had an amazing place I went to. Developed a actual friendship w the tech and her family, we went on vacation together, dinner, met her mom and she cooked for us, it wasn't a business relationship.

Well they moved away to be with her husband's sick mom, and I've been struggling w the idea of going somewhere new.

I tried a new place yesterday and the lady, omg.

When she was taking off the gel she rolled the tool on my right ring finger. I asked her to be very careful.

She laughed and said "yes yes careful."

Finished right and went to left. She got to my middle finger, rolled again and cut me! She tried to tell me not to wash my hand, tried to brush the dust off w a brush, and said it wasn't her tool that got me.

Ya? Then wtf did!

I washed, had a worker get there first aid kit and got some antibiotic on it and let her finish. The entire rest of the time she was so rough and forceful.

I should have left.

I finished there, and walked out after paying.

It was sore but I didn't think much about it.

Well when I woke up it was even more sore. And now it's red and irritated.

I swear if I get an infection I will slap a bitch.

Never in the 3 or so years have I been cut!

Ugh. I doubt I would have any legal room if I do get an infection. Like hell I would let my ins pay for it.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:37 PM
Oh no! I'm having trouble finding a good place to go to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Press on nails nowadays are shockingly good. No messing with nail shit and no spending an insane amount of money.

Trashy? Maybe. But it works for me and my nails look nice. LOL
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:40 PM
I loved my last place, but when my lady moved, she sold it and now the techs don't care.

I mean they are nice and all,but they rush or take forever haha. I wanna be in an out in under an hour. One time i was there for 25 minutes. The next was an hr and a half. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: Oh no! I'm having trouble finding a good place to go to.
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:40 PM
I would call them today and complain. I would have complained yesterday when she cut me in the first place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:41 PM
Ya the fake plastic ones and nail stickers never stick to my nails. Dd either. :( even polish comes right off.

I think I might have the gels taken off and try ANC next. I don't think they use any tools

Quoting Anonymous 3: Press on nails nowadays are shockingly good. No messing with nail shit and no spending an insane amount of money.

Trashy? Maybe. But it works for me and my nails look nice. LOL
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:41 PM
Good idea. I'm going to call now!

Quoting Hanab818: I would call them today and complain. I would have complained yesterday when she cut me in the first place.
monshine2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:44 PM
Ask your friend to suggest someone
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:47 PM
Me- hello, I'd like to speak to a manager please.
Lady- ok, please hold

Man- hello, **** nails
Me- yes good afternoon. I was in yesterday and the tech at the 4th chair managed to cut me, and now it's all red and I was wondering what your policy is on that?
Man- ........ * click*

Now the line is busy.

Quoting Hanab818: I would call them today and complain. I would have complained yesterday when she cut me in the first place.
Marivilla
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:48 PM
Pick of the cut?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:48 PM
I tried the place she said and I wasn't impressed. :( I guess it's hit or miss but I don't want to keep throwing money away at nails that chip the 4th day.

I've had them last for over a month w no issue.

Quoting monshine2: Ask your friend to suggest someone
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)