Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it ok to comment on pregnant women's bodies?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
everyone lately has been making comments about my body and how "huge" I am.. It must be twins! Not much longer now! Wow you're ALL baby! I'm only 28 weeks.
I'm carrying differently this time. I'll admit it is all belly so they are right but still. I feel huge and having everyone validate that feeling all day long is miserable.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:29 PM
I can still remember an old boss of mine telling me one day as I walked out of her office..."oh, I can tell your hips are spreading". I was only like 20 weeks along. It didn't help that days later my husband made a joke about me carrying the baby in my ass.
MysticLove
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:30 PM

Start commenting on their bodies. It will stop pretty fast.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:32 PM
Haha oh that's bad!

My dad actually slapped a chip out of my hand the other day. Jokingly but come on! It's like a free pass for fat jokes since I'm not technically fat I couldn't possibly be offended.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I can still remember an old boss of mine telling me one day as I walked out of her office..."oh, I can tell your hips are spreading". I was only like 20 weeks along. It didn't help that days later my husband made a joke about me carrying the baby in my ass.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:39 PM
I got asked at the far if I was pregnanot or fat by a kid that was a Lil older the my daughter.
81Crystal
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:42 PM
I never realized how common it was until I became pregnant. It's rude and annoying.
sorrynotsorry1
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:44 PM

You're pregnant, they aren't calling you fat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:51 PM
That what my husband says. That I'm obviously thin with a big belly. I used to be fat though. Guess it's a personal thing. Haha I don't like hearing I'm huge even though I know I am.

It's usually sweet old ladies trying to "compliment" me on being "all baby".

Quoting sorrynotsorry1:

You're pregnant, they aren't calling you fat.

mischele
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:00 PM
Well I'm a bitch and I'm worse while pregnant. My family didn't want to get bitched at so they kept their comments to themselves lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:30 PM
I never personally had an issue with it. I WAS huge so people would find out how far along I was and be shocked. It was never to be mean, they were just getting excited for my baby like I was. No reason to get mad at people,they're just trying to find something to talk about with you
MommyOfOne2710
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:33 PM
I loved being pregnant and actually enjoyed the comments, lol. But I don't make comments like that to other women just in case. I would say something next time someone makes a comment that rubs you the wrong way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)