• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I. Am. Freaking. Done. First-borns, do you feel this way? *Added

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies
I am the first-born, but more than that I was the first born to a mother who was the baby and later became a single mom when I was young. I tend to be the one taking over situation when no one else steps up, I have pretty much all of the first-born traits.
Over the years, I've developed a sense for who is either a later-born, or at least someone who was babied through out their life. Often times it's because I'm the one they tend to lean on. It has gotten to the point that I can physically feel the weight being put on me the moment they do this.
This summer has been extremely stressful for me, I won't get into it, but I have been so stressed out it is messing with my periods. So I have been even more sensitive to situations like this.
Last night was the final straw for me. My neighbor called me hysterical because she was outside and a racoon came up to her house. She was so scared because her mother was on her way to drop off her kids and was about to be there any minute, she tried to call her mom but she didn't answer, she has a habit of leaving her phone at home. She just had no idea what to do. So I first calm her down, tell her I'll take care of it, and I'd call her back. She continued to go on and on about how much it scared her, how she had just went out to take out the trash and she thought at first it was a cat, I kept telling her I would call her back. I had to explain to my kids what was going on so they knew to not follow me outside. My dh is out of town right now or this would have been easier. So, I'm able to tell my kids, grab my broom, and get to her house, scare it away, all while still on the phone. I guess with everything else going on, this stressed me out so badly I wanted to just cry. It brought up all the other times where people have leaned on me like this. Idk, I'm still just stressed.
Other people have similar experiences?

*Sigh, maybe I shouldn't have put this situation up because it seems to be throwing everyone off. Yes, in this situation I could have been mean and told her to suck it up and deal with it herself.
However, the biggest majority of what I deal with is not a situation I can say no to, they are situations they have to be dealt with and I'm usually the only able to deal with them because I'm either the one that is emotionally strong or because I'm the only one with no hang ups. It's hard to explain.
Also, unless you have felt that weight being put on you, you probably cannot understand.

*Yes, I understand that the birth order is not a set-in-stone kind of thing. But it is an overall assessment. I have researched it and written papers on it.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:32 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Too long. Cliff notes?
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:34 PM

OP doesn't know how to say no :(

Quoting Anonymous 2: Too long. Cliff notes?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:35 PM
I'm the youngest and I'm the dependable one. Has nothing to do with birth order.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:35 PM
I'm first-born, people tend to put situations that they 'just can't handle' on me. I'm stressed, I'm done, I want to scream at them 'Your a freaking adult, grow up.'

Quoting Anonymous 2: Too long. Cliff notes?
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:36 PM
2 moms liked this
No is a complete sentence. Learn to use it. Stop solving everyone's problems. Tell the neighbor to grow up and deal. It was a raccoon not a grizzly bear.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:36 PM
Not always, but overall, yes.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I'm the youngest and I'm the dependable one. Has nothing to do with birth order.
admsj5
by Emerald Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:37 PM
I am the first born. I have most (if not all) of the first born traits.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:37 PM
Yup I'm the second oldest and the dependable one. It gets tiring.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:38 PM
I can't imagine why anyone would freak out over a raccoon. It's not a freaking bear. Sheesh.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)