• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm in over my head

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies

I'm on disability because I cannot move parts of my back. Sometimes I have to use my credit card just to get by. Lately Ive had to buy a new laptop becaues it broke ($300), then a new phone becuase that just stopped working all the sudden ($120), then another new phone ($99), and will sell the old one because it works like the pos that it is. Then medical devices for my back ($200) that were not covered by insurance. Then a gum filling that was also not covered ($400). Then new back brakes $160). How the hell am I going to pay all this off. This all happened this month. I never buy stuff I don't need. But I needed all of this. I can't work because Im a fucking cripple and I only get $1000 a month for disabilty benefits which pays for rent and utilities and food. I even use that to pay my college school loan off, which with all I can afford per month only pays the minimum so Im not really paying it off, just interest. What do I do?? I seriously need financial advice. I feel screwed and way in over my head.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:43 PM
3 moms liked this

WTF do you NEED a laptop for? To work?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:47 PM

Quoting littlesippycup:

Well Im using it right now for one, its my only computer. I also go to school and have all my books on here. We use an online forum for school work/discussion boards and what not. Library closes at 8 where I live, I do work until 2am sometimes. I pay bills online. Im on the comp all day long for shit I need to do. Selling things on Ebay to find ways to make money, stuff like that. 

CreamTop
by I Rise on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:48 PM
Sounds like you need to have a yard sale, or sell some things to get by. Why couldn't you put off the lap top & phone?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:50 PM
So you will be able to work when you are done with school?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:52 PM

What's the point of putting it off? I need them now for my school work and for life. I would buy them eventually, doesn't help me in any way to put it off. Id be out the funds now or later, doesn't make a differenc. I do sell stuff on Ebay here and there and I use my laptop. I just had a garage sale I made $150 now I have nothing really else to sell.  So what do I do. I seriously need to figure something out. 

Quoting CreamTop: Sounds like you need to have a yard sale, or sell some things to get by. Why couldn't you put off the lap top & phone?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:54 PM

Maybe if my back surgery doesn't cripple me some more. My degree is my back up plan to help me get out of this fucked position I am in. I HOPE I wont be cripple forever but I have had this for 10 years and counting and doctors have told me I may be like this forever. Im so lost. Will I be homeless some day? It honestly feels like I may be one day because of my condition. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: So you will be able to work when you are done with school?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Why are you going to school if you are unable to work? There are work from home jobs you could do now to increase your income.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting littlesippycup:

Well Im using it right now for one, its my only computer. I also go to school and have all my books on here. We use an online forum for school work/discussion boards and what not. Library closes at 8 where I live, I do work until 2am sometimes. I pay bills online. Im on the comp all day long for shit I need to do. Selling things on Ebay to find ways to make money, stuff like that. 

CreamTop
by I Rise on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:56 PM
My point was, prioritize. You know, like put some things off until you can catch up on your bills??

Didn't know you were in school tho.

Get another job?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

What's the point of putting it off? I need them now for my school work and for life. I would buy them eventually, doesn't help me in any way to put it off. Id be out the funds now or later, doesn't make a differenc. I do sell stuff on Ebay here and there and I use my laptop. I just had a garage sale I made $150 now I have nothing really else to sell.  So what do I do. I seriously need to figure something out. 

Quoting CreamTop: Sounds like you need to have a yard sale, or sell some things to get by. Why couldn't you put off the lap top & phone?

kadcas
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:56 PM
Ugh... to save money and get in a better financial situation. That's what your post is about right? Sometimes you have to sacrifice, use a shitty phone.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:57 PM
Go on Craigslist, see if someone kinky will pay you for them to rub your feet.

Or something like that. I mean, you owe about $1,300? I'm sure you could find ways to cover it. And a credit card isn't a pay the full amount at the end of the day. You can pay the minimum and just not use it for a while.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)