Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hope DH follows through!!! See ya SD!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies
1 mom liked this
We have been helping out DH's ADULT DD.

She's in her 20s. She is a hot mess and a bag of chips. DH didn't come into her life until she was almost grown.

But she seriously has mental health problems and drug problems. Her kids are currently in foster care.

DH has been trying to help her get her life on track. He moved her out here just down the street from us a few months ago.

He was hoping to get her clean and her mental health under control so she could get her kids back.

It has been 4 months and she has been improving, well until recently.

3 months is the longest I've ever seen her "stable" then she goes into a manic mode and starts having outbursts and starts screwing things up.

Well only a little off schedule. She has been having manic meltdowns over little things. Like the grocery store doesn't have whole milk.

Well she made threats to me on Facebook and not just threats to me, threats to my kids.

All over something stupid. I don't want to go into too many details because I'm not sure if she is on cafe mom.

But the threats were the last straw for DH is says "she has bit the hand that feeds her too many times. She is GONE."

He says when he gets home today he is going to take her back to where she was before and let her figure out life on her own.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MinnieBooboo17
by LauraBelle on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:34 PM

yeah dont threaten someones kids or bye...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this
What kind of grocery store runs out of whole milk?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:34 PM
Is she in treatment for her mental health?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
The second someone threatens my kids, I don't care who they are....they are done.
mischele
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:37 PM
Ya dh won't even allow ss to be in our house without him. Ss is violent and a threat to all of us. Counting down till ss is 18 then we are done
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:37 PM

Perfect

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

That is all you got from this?

Quoting Anonymous 2: What kind of grocery store runs out of whole milk?

Bettywooptiedoo
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
You tried.
kikibix
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:41 PM
6 moms liked this

Sounds like she has a mental illness.  She needs professional help, is she getting that?  What a sad situation. I do understand though that there comes a point where you just can't help anymore because it begins to breakdown the rest of the family. A treatment centre of some sort sounds best if she has never gone beyond 3 months, she needs longer term treatment and aftercare. It takes time to find the right medications and counseling.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:43 PM
They were having a sale.

Quoting Anonymous 2: What kind of grocery store runs out of whole milk?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)