• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy divorce stories

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Tell me your stories about how your divorce was amicable and how your kids got through it seamlessly, and how you don't miss your kids too much when they're gone for their 50% time with their dad. And how you're all living happily ever after. Please.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:10 PM
I got divorced 11 years ago but we didn't have kids. It was one of the best decisions I ever made and Ive never regretted it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:13 PM

Mobile Photo

Lol

I'm happily divorced. It wasn't a happy process but if we hadn't divorced I would very likely hate him by now, instead we get along and are somewhat friends.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:15 PM

That is actually my story. My dd stays with me more than 50% of the time though. But the rest is true. We still have family time every now and then and spend some holidays together. 

Love your kids more than you dislike your ex, and you can do this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:17 PM
Do you miss her like crazy when she's gone?

Quoting Anonymous 4:

That is actually my story. My dd stays with me more than 50% of the time though. But the rest is true. We still have family time every now and then and spend some holidays together. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:18 PM
I dont want to hate him. It's getting close. Do you have kids?

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Mobile Photo

Lol

I'm happily divorced. It wasn't a happy process but if we hadn't divorced I would very likely hate him by now, instead we get along and are somewhat friends.
Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:19 PM
I divorced when my girls were infants. We split when they were a month old. So they know no differently. They started EOW weekend visits at 9 weeks old so I'm also used to not having them during those visits. After a few years of turmoil between the ex and I, we get along now and coparent pretty well. He's never behind on CS.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:20 PM
Oh man. You're strong. I never could've done that when they were infants.

Quoting Stephd710: I divorced when my girls were infants. We split when they were a month old. So they know no differently. They started EOW weekend visits at 9 weeks old so I'm also used to not having them during those visits. After a few years of turmoil between the ex and I, we get along now and coparent pretty well. He's never behind on CS.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:21 PM
My kids were 3, 3, and 1 when I got divorced. My ex got them every other weekend, so it wasn't bad. They're 17, 17, and 15 now. They love both of their Stepparents and we all get along great.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:21 PM

I mean, yeah. It isn't like it was when we split. I had to get used to it. But they only live 5 minutes away, so I see her sometimes when she is at her dad's and we talk and text everyday. Now that she is older and she spends more time with me, I feel bad for her dad, but he understands that a teenage girl will want more time with her Momma.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Do you miss her like crazy when she's gone?
Quoting Anonymous 4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:22 PM
B
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)