• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cat moms, another question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

I have 2 cats and 1 dog.  My youngest cat (5) hasn't gotten used to the dog.  Dog was tiny when we got her and is now 26 lbs (so not very big).  When we bring the dog in, the cat will hide under the train table and run out all poofy and sideways and the dog will just lay down, then the cat will scurry back under the table.  My dog isn't aggressive at all, she does want to play with the cat though.  My older cat will run out and smack younger cat when younger cat is attacking the dog. 

How to get kitty used to the dog? 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mischele
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:36 PM
No idea sorry. My chihuahua was raised with cats before we got her. We got our kitten at 4 wks so she loves our dog.
Jasuzha
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:46 PM
It takes time. Some cats never get used to a new animal. They just tolerate them. I had several cats years ago. The second oldest never liked the others. She tolerated them. She was fine as long as they were not next to her. She did get along a little with the oldest one. However when the oldest one had to be put to sleep she became very touchy. My vet said some cats are solitary and others are pack animals. Its just their personality.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)