Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to get a drink..alone

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
But I feel too weird going to a bar. Where can I drink alone? Besides at home, obviously. I just feel like having a beer but I'm alone.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Spam72
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:00 PM
Some nights I want to do that too! I'm too embarrassed to go alone so dh and I sneak out together when our 2 year old goes to bed.
Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:04 PM

I'd suggest you come over here, I always drink beer on the weekends, and DH is but a minor inconvenience (!) but if you want to be alone, can't be alone at home to have your beer, then go to a bar.

No one will bother you at most local bars unless you indicate that you want company.

And who knows, even at the local bar/tavern, if someone sitting near you starts up a conversation, who is to say that it's a bad thing?

Sounds as if there is something bothering you...what can it hurt?  Go out!

I met all sorts of people at the local bar years ago and am still in contact with many of them to this day.

Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:04 PM
Applebee's.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:26 PM
If I had a Cheers type place I'd totally do that. Still haven't found one.

Quoting Tinse:

I'd suggest you come over here, I always drink beer on the weekends, and DH is but a minor inconvenience (!) but if you want to be alone, can't be alone at home to have your beer, then go to a bar.

No one will bother you at most local bars unless you indicate that you want company.

And who knows, even at the local bar/tavern, if someone sitting near you starts up a conversation, who is to say that it's a bad thing?

Sounds as if there is something bothering you...what can it hurt?  Go out!

I met all sorts of people at the local bar years ago and am still in contact with many of them to this day.

Bettywooptiedoo
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:28 PM
My favorite place is a pool hall.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)