Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This race thing is getting ridiculous

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Apparently I'm racist, because I ask my co-worker why she bought bigger scrubs for couple of months (she is pregnant) if she could just borrow a couple from another co-worker (we all talked about it before she got bigger and no one had a problem with it). They complained to our manager, saying that I said that because I think she can't afford to buy new once because she is Black.

I understand that racism is alive and we should do something about it, but not this is so stupid. You can't say anything anymore, without being called racist. I'm very disappointed rigth now, I really thought that they accepted me in their group :-(((
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:31 PM

I would not think you were racist. I would think you were pushy and annoying. Maybe she just decided she wanted to buy her own darn scrubs.  None of your business.

l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:34 PM

thats not racist.  i just dont get why they would discuss that with you, then turn around and say you are racist if you bring it up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:34 PM
We always talk about stuff, even about our personal life. There are 5 of us working together all day long. We always talk about stupid/personal stuff.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

I would not think you were racist. I would think you were pushy and annoying. Maybe she just decided she wanted to buy her own darn scrubs.  None of your business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:35 PM
I agree that this race thing has gotten out of hand. I do not believe your story though. Sorry, not sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:37 PM
I was shocked. She didn't seem to mind at first, but than other once were saying stuff like, "why would you let her talk to you this way", I was like: "are you for real?".

Quoting l.a.m.b:

thats not racist.  i just dont get why they would discuss that with you, then turn around and say you are racist if you bring it up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:38 PM
Ok.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I agree that this race thing has gotten out of hand. I do not believe your story though. Sorry, not sorry.
Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:40 PM

Okay. Most coworkers do that. It sounds like what you did was interject yourself into her business, and acted like you knew better than she did about something that was none of her business, and after the first time you asked, you kept bugging her about it. Which has nothing to do with being personal, and every thing to do with being pushy and annoying. 
You are not her momma, you do not pay her bills, and it is none of your business why she chose to spend money on her own larger scrubs. You should have dropped it the first time she said, "I just decided to buy my own". 

Quoting Anonymous 1: We always talk about stuff, even about our personal life. There are 5 of us working together all day long. We always talk about stupid/personal stuff.
Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

jjessers
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:42 PM
Why should she have to wear other people's clothes just because you think so ?
It's none of your business if she wants to buy her own clothes .
You're weird.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)