• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you Won the Lottery Jackpot!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 83 Replies
1 mom liked this

FUN POST!!!!

Let's say you won... oh, I dunno.. 450 million dollars in the lottery. Yayyy!!!

What would you do with it?? Live out your dreams, ladies!! Ready, set, go!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:12 PM
2 moms liked this

I would pay off our car and house and all our credit card debt.

I would pay for all 6 nieces and nephews to go to college.  Place an ivy league education in my sons college fund.

I would find out what my parents wanted and needed-they are in their 70's so I would want them to be comfortable.

I am not sure what I would do frivolously after going on a dream vacation--including renting out Disney World for our family so we coukd explore with no one else there...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:12 PM

I would pay off all my debt, pay off my loved ones debts, put money aside for my DD's future, buy my mom a home, buy myself a home (and maybe a vacation home or two), and make some investments. I would also travel. I'd start with Europe :)

AvantGardener
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:13 PM

I'd pay off my house. Set up trust funds for the kids. Buy a home in Western Washington for our retirement. Buy my mom a condo and a car. Get DH and I new cars. Buy my Dad a condo and a car. Pay off my sister's mortgages and find a nicer home for my brother to live in. My husband would want to give some money to his family as well. The rest would be invested.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:14 PM

Any traveling?

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

I would pay off our car and house and all our credit card debt.

I would pay for all 6 nieces and nephews to go to college.  Place an ivy league education in my sons college fund.

I would find out what my parents wanted and needed-they are in their 70's so I would want them to be comfortable.

I am not sure what I would do frivolously after going on a dream vacation--including renting out Disney World for our family so we coukd explore with no one else there...

Spam72
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Build a cool splash pad and new playground in our village's park.
-Spider
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:15 PM

Well, besides paying off bills and looking into owning our own home, definitely work on plans to visit Oregon to see friends and family, but also make some plans to see other areas in the US.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Western Washington sounds nice :)

Quoting AvantGardener:

I'd pay off my house. Set up trust funds for the kids. Buy a home in Western Washington for our retirement. Buy my mom a condo and a car. Get DH and I new cars. Buy my Dad a condo and a car. Pay off my sister's mortgages and find a nicer home for my brother to live in. My husband would want to give some money to his family as well. The rest would be invested.

momma2mms
by Kristin on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:17 PM
I would give my partners a lot of money. Just because I want too. They could live the rest of their lives traveling or doing whatever they wanted. I would set up trust funds for my kids. I would pay off my house and give it to a needy family. I would move into my lake house and do a complete remodel. I would travel, give to charity, but some fun toys (boat, helicopter, rv, side by side). With that much I would be able to do what I ever I wanted even after investing a lofty amount.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:17 PM

That is a very selfless gift :)

Quoting Spam72: Build a cool splash pad and new playground in our village's park.

squeekers
by squeekers on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:18 PM

help DD marry her boyfriend, and then assist them to move into a 1st apartment.

I would assist my folks with monetary help.

I would see if DH would ever find a new place to move.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)