Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you know anything about car seats...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Dont tell me to go to the car seat group... I know there are techs in here that could possibly answer. Anyone know anything about the Cosco MightyFit 65 or Graco Slimfit? I've recently found myself in a 3 across situation (minivan died and current vehicle is a sedan although I'm hoping to get back into something with third row seating after Christmas). I am currently struggling with my current car seats. I can't achieve a 3 across that works well and have decided I need to probably just purchase new seats. I'm looking at my options and am looking for suggestions. Kiddos are as follows: 8 year old 54" and 60lbs. Using a backless booster. His seat is a non issue. 2 y/o rear facing, 36 inches and 25lbs currently using an Evenflo Sureride 65. 2 month old also rear facing in a Safety first comfy carry. Would like to keep her in an infant carrier through winter as it gets cold as hell here. I am hoping to be able to just replace DD2's seat with another convertible if possible but will replace both if necessary. I just need to be able to do 3 across. Right now I can't put the two girls next to each other and DS on the passenger door. I need him on the door for school drop off come September. Right now he's in the middle and it is a pain in the ass for him to get in and out. Oh the car is a Buick LeSabre. Any suggestions?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:52 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 6:07 PM
Can the older guy be in the middle then climb up to the front seat once you reach the drop off line?

The chicco keyfit was good for tight spaces for me.

MrsDukati
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 6:10 PM
I think the best situation would be to have DS climb to the front passenger seat for drop off. That's what I'd do anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 6:11 PM
I'd have the 8 yr. old sit in the front.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 6:11 PM
He currently is in the middle. The space between the two front seats is narrow we've done that a few times when he was the only one getting out but honestly it is not fast enough for school drop off. I'd have all the other moms honking.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Can the older guy be in the middle then climb up to the front seat once you reach the drop off line?

The chicco keyfit was good for tight spaces for me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 6:15 PM
Yea I'm not willing to put my child at risk of death due to an airbag. Legally he doesn't even need a booster here but he uses one because I say so.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I'd have the 8 yr. old sit in the front.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 6:20 PM
You turn off the airbag.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yea I'm not willing to put my child at risk of death due to an airbag. Legally he doesn't even need a booster here but he uses one because I say so.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I'd have the 8 yr. old sit in the front.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 6:21 PM
Can you afford a Diono radian? That would be the best for a 3 across.
AJsMom81507
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 6:21 PM

either turn off the airbag or remove him from the booster.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 6:24 PM
Google narrow seats and seat dimensions. There are lists of the seats on the market that will fit 3 across. Diono is a great narrow option, the radian r100 is under 200$. Cosco has a narrow booster that might give an inch...

I went to babies r us and took seats to my car to try to puzzle them. All you need to do is go to customer service with the seats from the display and say you want to try it and give them your license. Using seatbelt installation gets the better area use.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)