Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why does it take so long 😒

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:45 PM
  • 105 Replies
Dd spilled her juice in the living room. So I figured I might as well mop the whole damn living room.

For some reason it takes 4-5hours for the damn floor to dry. Drives me batty. I have what windows do open in the living room but I don't get much of a breeze coming in.

Last time I mop the floors while the kids are awake. 😐
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this
What kind of floors do you have and how much water did you actually use?
PoisonEyeV
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Ok thank you for sharing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:48 PM
Holy crap! That's crazy. Mine never take that long to dry, even with windows closed.. I use one of those mist mops that you can out your own solutions into.. sounds like maybe too much water is getting on to the floor..
ayacocca
by Lioness on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:48 PM
That's an awful long time to dry..
snowflakes16
by Soul🔥 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:48 PM
It's hardwood. Idk what kinda exactly the landlord put in. And just enough to wash the floors

Quoting bmw29: What kind of floors do you have and how much water did you actually use?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:49 PM
Best for tile: mop with hot water and vinegar (1 cp per 2 gal) and dry right away. Best is a nautical dry mop. If you let air dry, dust drops and sticks to it and dries onto the floor making it harder to clean.
snowflakes16
by Soul🔥 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:49 PM
I know ho to mop and use the appropriate amount of water

Quoting Anonymous 1: Holy crap! That's crazy. Mine never take that long to dry, even with windows closed.. I use one of those mist mops that you can out your own solutions into.. sounds like maybe too much water is getting on to the floor..
DisabledVet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I have an electric floor cleaning machine.  It sucks the water off the floor and it's dry right away.  Well worth the $165 it cost. 

redneckmama4
by Loree on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:49 PM
Steam mop!
mollyk124
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:50 PM
Maybe it's humid where you live. Our floors dry in about 10 minutes with the windowS closed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)