Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Last minute guests

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 6:38 PM
  • 0 Replies

I saw on fb a friend of mine who lives across the country was coming home for a visit.  I asked if there were any plans for a moms group dinner (I met her through a local moms group and even though the group is now defunct, we get together when she comes home for dinner at a local restaurant).  She said there were no dinners planned but she'd be happy to come by tonight after she has dinner with her in-laws.  I did a quick straightening up and took a shower.  My daughter's out playing at a friend's so I didn't want to go to the store for anything plus I figure if my friend is coming over right after dinner, she won't be terribly hungry.  It's hot and I don't have central a/c (I did tell her that and offered to meet her somewhere else for a drink if she wanted) so I don't wanto turn on the oven to make anything to involved and heat up the house.  I have chips and fresh salsa, watermelon and mozzarella skewers, wine, and beer.  They won't get here until around 9 and I'd guess they'll be leaving by 10-10:30 since they'll have their kids with them so it should be fine foodwise, I hope.

by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)