Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Future MIL is trying to ruin my life

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 190 Replies
1 mom liked this
I had to quit my job for health reasons. I am currently 5 months pregnant with my fiance and my first baby together. I also have a ds16 from a previous relationship and my fiance has a dd4 and a dd2 with his exwife who we have every other week.

My future MIL is making me crazy. She lives a block away and she is here ALL the time. Especially when his kids are here. She has an opinion about EVERYTHING and she won't keep it to herself ever. She keeps texting me job listings and asking over and over if I'm done being lazy and ready to contribute again. When she found out about the baby she went off about how unfair it was of my fiance to bring another child into our family when his kids are still so young. My Ds baby sits the girls once in a while so df and I can have date nights. His Mom won't watch them because she doesn't think we need time alone but she hovers over my son whenever she finds out he's watching them and then makes comments about how it really isn't appropriate for a teenage boy to be alone with 2 little girls. She is always trying to buy me clothes that are "more appropriate" than the clothes I like to wear.

She's driving my fiance crazy too. He has tried establishing boundaries with her but she ignores them and just kind of runs everyone over. He's at the point now that he is considering selling our house and moving somewhere else to create some distance...but I'm afraid it wouldn't be far enough to really matter because he doesn't want to be too far for the girls.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Good much with that lol

Side note, if you have medical issues that you can't even have a job, why are you having a baby? Unless of course it's a temporary disability?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:09 PM
Bump
dandynorm
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:09 PM
4 moms liked this
Unless one of two things happens, this will be how it is until she dies. Don't like that? Either your fiance needs to put firmly put her in her place right now, or you need to break up with him. I promise, nothing else will work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:11 PM
We want a baby. And no, it isn't temporary nor is it truly a disability. I could work but it is very rough on me so we have decided it's better for our family if I stay home.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Good much with that lol

Side note, if you have medical issues that you can't even have a job, why are you having a baby? Unless of course it's a temporary disability?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Your doors have locks, right?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:11 PM
He tries but she is VERY overbearing and I won't leave him because of her. I do think moving might help a little.

Quoting dandynorm: Unless one of two things happens, this will be how it is until she dies. Don't like that? Either your fiance needs to put firmly put her in her place right now, or you need to break up with him. I promise, nothing else will work.
my.sonshine
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:12 PM
I agree with the above poster. Put your foot down NOW or have a miserable future marriage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:12 PM
Yes. But my fiance can't quite seem to lock her out. Lol.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Your doors have locks, right?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:13 PM
We try but she is so overbearing. It's insane.

Quoting my.sonshine: I agree with the above poster. Put your foot down NOW or have a miserable future marriage.
erin708
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:13 PM
Lock the damn door. Problem solved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)