Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blocked a number now I feel bad

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I got a new phone number for my work cell phone and I kept getting phone calls from an inmate. I usually ignore it and then delete the message, today I answered listened to all the info and the guy sounded sad when he said his name. There's options to accept, decline, and block so I blocked it. Then I felt bad because the guy obviously had someone who he talked to regularly change their number. I'm guessing he was a jerk and whoever it was didn't give up their number but I can't help but feel bad for the dude in prison.

Anyway number is blocked, I actually thought of talking to him and letting him know he had the wrong number. I must be getting emotional in my old age lol
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:16 PM
You did the right thing, best not to get involved.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:16 PM
Find contact info for the prison and let them know, they can remove your number from his allowed list.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:17 PM
Lol. I would have probably told him once that said person is no longer at this number, if by chance I happened to answer his call.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:22 PM
My daughter has a phone number that used to belong to "Kenny." Kenny is quite the guy. The courthouse called to remind him of his court date. Then called to tell him he missed the court date. A sherif deputy called him, and then his attorney called him a couple of days later.

DD called the sherif deputy back and told him it wasn't Kenny's number any more. She tried to tell the attorney and they hung up on her. He's currently incarcerated for possession with intent so we haven't had any calls for a couole of months. (Yes, we googled. We were curious.)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like a Kenny I went to school with lol

Quoting Anonymous 5: My daughter has a phone number that used to belong to "Kenny." Kenny is quite the guy. The courthouse called to remind him of his court date. Then called to tell him he missed the court date. A sherif deputy called him, and then his attorney called him a couple of days later.

DD called the sherif deputy back and told him it wasn't Kenny's number any more. She tried to tell the attorney and they hung up on her. He's currently incarcerated for possession with intent so we haven't had any calls for a couole of months. (Yes, we googled. We were curious.)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:43 PM
I assume that they remove the number when I chose the block calls option

Quoting Anonymous 3: Find contact info for the prison and let them know, they can remove your number from his allowed list.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:45 PM
I seriously thought about it for a minute. Now that I think about it though I saved him some money since they need to pay for minutes on a phone card

Quoting Anonymous 4: Lol. I would have probably told him once that said person is no longer at this number, if by chance I happened to answer his call.
DisabledVet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:46 PM

They charge quite a lot for those calls. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:48 PM
Don't overthink it. He'll be fine. You'd feel even worse if you did speak to him. Don't feel bad.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I seriously thought about it for a minute. Now that I think about it though I saved him some money since they need to pay for minutes on a phone card

Quoting Anonymous 4: Lol. I would have probably told him once that said person is no longer at this number, if by chance I happened to answer his call.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:53 PM
Do they charge if the person doesn't accept it or do they start charging when the call connects?

Quoting DisabledVet:

They charge quite a lot for those calls. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)