• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She called me a unfit mother

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I went outside to meet my mom because she wanted to drop a surprise off for my son (he is 5). He was running in the neighbors yard. I said please get out of the yard. He didn't do it. Second time I said it in a stern voice. He didn't listen. So as he was running I grabbed his arm and put him back into my driveway. He started screaming. I didn't hurt him. Not one bit. My mom said I was unfit to be a mother and I should get help. Ds was just excited to be outside. It finally stopped raining when my mom showed up. He normally is a well behaved kid. But he is still a kid so he will have his moments
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:33 PM
I'm so glad my mom is my biggest fan. She would never say anything to intentionally hurt me. I feel so sorry for you girls that don't have that. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:33 PM
That's an extreme response from your mother. I'd be taking a time out from her for quite a while.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:35 PM
Is she always so demeaning to you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:36 PM
Yes. I try not to be around her. She is fine with my son though.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Is she always so demeaning to you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:36 PM
I wish I had that

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm so glad my mom is my biggest fan. She would never say anything to intentionally hurt me. I feel so sorry for you girls that don't have that. :(
Jodee24
by Sliceoflife on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:38 PM
Tell her "I learned it from watching you" lol. Really though that's not cool.
my.sonshine
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:39 PM
I wish I did to. I never realized what a loving mother was supposed to be like until I had my son and I was a mother myself. It opened up a can of worms for me and my mom.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I wish I had that

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm so glad my mom is my biggest fan. She would never say anything to intentionally hurt me. I feel so sorry for you girls that don't have that. :(
my.sonshine
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:40 PM
That's an extreme response, op. Don't listen to her. Your lid was living in the moment and all kids have moments.
mischele
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:40 PM
I would have told her to get lost and stay away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:41 PM
Me too. I'm so closed off and saying I love you to people besides my kids feels awkward to me.

Quoting my.sonshine: I wish I did to. I never realized what a loving mother was supposed to be like until I had my son and I was a mother myself. It opened up a can of worms for me and my mom.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I wish I had that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)