Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Forward Helix Piercings

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

Mobile Photo

I'm debating on a new piercing. I love the look of the 3 rings. Right now I have 3 on each side of my lower lobe and one in my cartilage of my left ear.

If you have these, what was the pain level? I hardly felt any think with my other piercings.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:07 PM
Bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:11 PM
No
akemi875
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:34 PM
I've considered doing the industrial which goes through helix and antihelix but never just helix piercing. This is the first time im seeing it actually.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:35 PM
I could never do an industrial. I've heard way too many horror stories.

Quoting akemi875: I've considered doing the industrial which goes through helix and antihelix but never just helix piercing. This is the first time im seeing it actually.
akemi875
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:36 PM
Like what? I've never heard anything bad about them.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I could never do an industrial. I've heard way too many horror stories.

Quoting akemi875: I've considered doing the industrial which goes through helix and antihelix but never just helix piercing. This is the first time im seeing it actually.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:45 PM
I've met way too many people with keloids from the bar. I have a small one caused by a regular post earring on the back of my cartilage but it went down enough so I don't need surgery.

Quoting akemi875: Like what? I've never heard anything bad about them.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I could never do an industrial. I've heard way too many horror stories.

akemi875
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:49 PM
Those are possible with any piercing. I wouldn't call that a horror story...

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've met way too many people with keloids from the bar. I have a small one caused by a regular post earring on the back of my cartilage but it went down enough so I don't need surgery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:53 PM
Literally everyone I know that's had an industrial bar, needed surgery to remove them. It is possible with any piercing, but it depends on the method and the ring.

Quoting akemi875: Those are possible with any piercing. I wouldn't call that a horror story...

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've met way too many people with keloids from the bar. I have a small one caused by a regular post earring on the back of my cartilage but it went down enough so I don't need surgery.

akemi875
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:01 PM
It also has to deal with after care. Cleaning it so it heals properly and rotating it slightly every so often because piercings are an open wound and you have to make it heal around where the bar goes in. If you don't rotate the bar it will heal wrong and you'll need surgery to remove it. It's pretty basic piercing care...

Quoting Anonymous 1: Literally everyone I know that's had an industrial bar, needed surgery to remove them. It is possible with any piercing, but it depends on the method and the ring.

Quoting akemi875: Those are possible with any piercing. I wouldn't call that a horror story...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2016 at 8:46 AM
I have several piercings. I know about after care. The people I know who've had industrial bars knew proper care. Personally, I've never met anyone who had a good experience with industrial bars.

Quoting akemi875: It also has to deal with after care. Cleaning it so it heals properly and rotating it slightly every so often because piercings are an open wound and you have to make it heal around where the bar goes in. If you don't rotate the bar it will heal wrong and you'll need surgery to remove it. It's pretty basic piercing care...

Quoting Anonymous 1: Literally everyone I know that's had an industrial bar, needed surgery to remove them. It is possible with any piercing, but it depends on the method and the ring.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)