Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm being monitored for preeclampsia

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
My blood pressure has been iffy and I've had protein in my urine, and platelets are dropping. Today I'm extremely nauseated and my upper back hurts. Think it's related or probably nothing?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:31 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:34 PM

Across the back or right sided upper back?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:37 PM
I think across the back. Its eased up a little already since I've posted. The back of my right shoulder is sore, but maybe it's how I'm laying.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:40 PM

It sounds like they are concerned about HELLP syndrome with low platelets. Upper back pain in the right occur because of issues with your liver. 

I would say it's wisest to call your physicians office and talk to the on call doctor. If you aren't sure if the back pain is positional, then maybe try seeing how you feel in an hour or two? 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I think across the back. Its eased up a little already since I've posted. The back of my right shoulder is sore, but maybe it's how I'm laying.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:43 PM
Well by that point wouldn't my bp be really high? The highest it's been so far is like 144/92, which is high for me.. I run usually around 110/60.. something like that.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

It sounds like they are concerned about HELLP syndrome with low platelets. Upper back pain in the right occur because of issues with your liver. 

I would say it's wisest to call your physicians office and talk to the on call doctor. If you aren't sure if the back pain is positional, then maybe try seeing how you feel in an hour or two? 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I think across the back. Its eased up a little already since I've posted. The back of my right shoulder is sore, but maybe it's how I'm laying.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:44 PM

No, not necessarily. And that's still a significant elevation!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Well by that point wouldn't my bp be really high? The highest it's been so far is like 144/92, which is high for me.. I run usually around 110/60.. something like that.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:48 PM
It's crazy because some other people hear that reading and they're like, "oh that's not bad." And I'm like, "really?..that's a big difference from my normal..?" Seems like only my midwife gets concerned over it. I got sent to be monitored in labor and delivery with that number and the nurses acted like my midwife was crazy..but I've had preeclampsia with both of my two past pregnancies.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 1: Well by that point wouldn't my bp be really high? The highest it's been so far is like 144/92, which is high for me.. I run usually around 110/60.. something like that.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:54 PM

It's a bit difference, yes! And it's high enough to be concerning, especially with your history.

I think it would be smart to go ahead and call. If it were me, I would.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's crazy because some other people hear that reading and they're like, "oh that's not bad." And I'm like, "really?..that's a big difference from my normal..?" Seems like only my midwife gets concerned over it. I got sent to be monitored in labor and delivery with that number and the nurses acted like my midwife was crazy..but I've had preeclampsia with both of my two past pregnancies.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)