Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you ever fat shame a child?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:32 PM
  • 54 Replies

My friends niece is a little bit chunky.  nothing raelly to worry about at all, shes not huge or anything.  she just turned 8,  she was playing outside with the other kids in the neighborhood and  the Ice Cream man went down the block.  All of the kids ran to get on line.  Her father pulled her away, and said no. she begged him hand a minor hissy fit and her father said (infront of all the kids) "what does daddy tell you? a moment on your lips is forever on your hips."  i feel bad for her, that had to be embarrassing  I understand you want your kid to be healthy but i dont think making her feel bad infront of other people is the answer

by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:34 PM
3 moms liked this
What the fuck? Buy the kid a small ice cream. Walk around the block and eat it. Damn. I think people should have to take mandatory parenting classes to have kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:34 PM
I explain to my kids where unhealthy eating leads too, and they know they aren't allowed to pig out on junk because it will make you fat. But I would never ever do or say what he did.
l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:36 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: I explain to my kids where unhealthy eating leads too, and they know they aren't allowed to pig out on junk because it will make you fat. But I would never ever do or say what he did.

i agree.  and i would of let my kid have the ice cream personally, its summer vacation and all the kids you were playing with got one.  its not like shes eating 4 cones a day. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:36 PM
No, but my kids wouldn't be obese barring a genuine medical condition. They're not genetically likely to be and they're incredibly active.
There's a little girl here that runs to the ice cream truck everyday and she's easily 30lbs. overweight. I think she has an eating disorder, she buys a shit ton of garbage and then eats it all. Like shovels it in her mouth. I can only imagine what goes on in her house, shaming her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:37 PM
And at that age, the fact that it was said by her dad, she will remember that moment for life :(

Quoting l.a.m.b:

Quoting Anonymous 1: I explain to my kids where unhealthy eating leads too, and they know they aren't allowed to pig out on junk because it will make you fat. But I would never ever do or say what he did.

i agree.  and i would of let my kid have the ice cream personally, its summer vacation and all the kids you were playing with got one.  its not like shes eating 4 cones a day. 

l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:37 PM

Quoting littlesippycup: What the fuck? Buy the kid a small ice cream. Walk around the block and eat it. Damn. I think people should have to take mandatory parenting classes to have kids.

i feel so bad for her.  promoting healthy eating is great,  but you don't embarass your child.

awelling
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:38 PM
I wouldn't be mean the way he was, but at 8 years old "chunky" should be worried about.
l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:39 PM

shes gong to carry that around forever and be very insecure

Quoting Anonymous 1: And at that age, the fact that it was said by her dad, she will remember that moment for life :(
Quoting l.a.m.b:

my.sonshine
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I would never fat shame anyone, but esp not a child.
MzD3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:39 PM
No
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)