Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you feel bad when plans fall through??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
My aunt txted me two night ago and asked to take dd three today, I told her I had to see if we had plans that and I'll get back to her.

I txted her this morning and asked her what time is she picking dd up she said 3pm. And asked if she was going to take a nap before she picked her up, and also asked me to pack bathing suite towel and life vest for her.

Well she txted me about one this after saying she's not feeling good cause the meds she is taking every friday, is making her feeling like she's sick. That she wont be able to pick dd up.

Dd got her bag packed with a book her purse, pjs and church clothes. When I told her that our aunt wasnt going to pick her up and she wasn't feeling well.

Dd was very upset. She was super excited about going to spend time with them and going swimming.

I'm sitting her looking at her bag still packed like poor baby.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
That last minute cancellation does suck. It's normal your child is disappointed and you feel badly.
Mama8080
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:41 PM
It happens. I wouldn't be upset.

Take your kid swimming.
MzD3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:41 PM
Yes i would feel bad for her and take her swimming myself
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:41 PM
No, I don't feel bad becuase life happens and things change. Kids need to learn that.
my.sonshine
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:42 PM
When it's my child, yes. I normally do something fun for them if that happens.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:43 PM
Disappointment happens and we all Hate to see our kids sad. Make some cookies together and have a movie night
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:43 PM
This.

Quoting Anonymous 2: No, I don't feel bad becuase life happens and things change. Kids need to learn that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:44 PM
We ended up going to walmart. And she ended up playing with the kittens, amd watched a movie.

Quoting Mama8080: It happens. I wouldn't be upset.

Take your kid swimming.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:44 PM
It's normal to feel bad for them. Do something fun together and her disappointment will be forgotten.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:46 PM
ThaTs what we did except cookies.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Disappointment happens and we all Hate to see our kids sad. Make some cookies together and have a movie night
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)