Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it wrong to have a man friend over while my toddler is asleep? Ex drama

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

I'm a work at home mom with a 2 year old daughter.  My daughter had SPD, and a pretty severe developmental delay.  I mention this because she requires constant supervision, has been kicked out of 2 preschools that "weren't equipped for SN kids" and finding a babysitter for her can be rough.  I have no family here,  and very few friends I trust are capable of watching her.

I'm single,  and have recently been talking to 2 men, i guess semi-romantically, but absolutely nothing has happened, not a single kiss,  or sexual conversation,  or anything.  There has been talk about feelings for eachother, that's it.

Anyhow, my ex has not seen his 2 year old daughter in 4 months. I work at home, so I'm always with her.  I've run into a few guys I used to know recently,  any we've been chatting and texting for a few weeks.

Because I am with my kid 24/7,  I have invited one of my friends over to our place a few times, after my daughter goes to sleep, to hangout together.  

We do NOT have sex, like I said, we have never even kissed. 

It's just one of the few times i have free, and he comes over to have coffee, or a late dinner, or occasionally a glass of wine or 2.  Sometimes he comes over with my brother (they work together)

We never get drunk or anything.  We watch movies, cook together, he helps me with things I need to fix around the house,  or we just talk for hours.   It's nice, and it's never inappropriate.

I've known this man for about 13 years, we went to school together.  We're old friends,  and I don't feel bad having him in my home.

My ex found out and said it was "fucked up" to have another man coming over while my daughter was asleep upstairs, that i was a terrible mom.

He also found out that the other man (the one I mentioned in the begining, who hasnt ever actually come over) had been "chatting" with me,

and even though nothing ever happened between us, he's been telling people I'm dating multiple guys,  and having men over at "his house" while he has to rent an apartment... and all this other drama 

Is it bad to have "dates" at my house after she's asleep?

This is really the only time I have to seen him, and because we never do anything inappropriate I never thought of it as bad 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:13 PM
It's fine.
mischele
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:15 PM
I find nothing wrong with what your doing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:15 PM
I honestly don't see the problem. He's not a stranger, you've known him for a long time and you're an adult. Tell your ex to fuck off and get over it. You're having a life and taking very good care of your daughter still.
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:16 PM
I don't see the problem. He's not around and interacting with your child. You're not being inappropriate either. Your ex is just jealous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:16 PM
I don't call that a date. I call that getting some adult time. Your ex fucking dropped the ball on this one. So your ex never spends time with his kids? You never get a break? We all need mental adult time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:16 PM
Tell him to stfu. Nothing wrong with what u are doing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:17 PM

You ex is a ex for a reason just ignore him.  If you want to have someone over rather you daughter is asleep or awake is your business. 

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:17 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:18 PM
There is nothing wrong with it. The next time your ex opens his mouth, tell him if HE has issues with you having friends over then he NEEDS to step up and BE HER FATHER AND WATCH HER. Call him out on his being a POS dad.
zombienuggets
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:18 PM
No he is being an asshole ...tell him to fuck off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)