Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I wrong for this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
Background to make the situation make sense:
-my bil is without a job, but my sis makes good money
-I'm a single mom, get no child support, there's no back up if I don't earn income.
- I'm working now, but my hours were cut and my contract isn't being renewed in sept.
-my bil and i jave started a maid service business. Its been 2 weeks since we opened shop and business is going well.
-For now, I'm finding clients, booking appointments and fielding calls/emails.
-our deal was, I'd do this without pay for now, but in sept. Ill take half his booking.
This way, he gets money now and there'll be no gap in incoming money for me later.
-We will continue building our client list until we can give ourselves proper pay.

I got a booking for a Saturday. I went on the call myself because I could really use the money. My bil has said he doesn't want to work weekends and I wasn't working, so I went.
The lady ended up wanting weekly Saturday appointments, so I accepted and planned on going myself.
Bil is mad, saying I shouldn't be taking calls myself until sept.
Was I wrong, I don't think I was, I needed money, I'm not getting paiD for all the work I do (granted its only about 2hrs a day) and he said he didn't want to work weekends.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:25 PM
No, you are not wrong.
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:26 PM

Is this a verbal or written contract you have with him...if you have a business contract at all?

As a business owner and without wanting to do the job for the woman you booked for Saturday, who else was supposed to do the work then? What did he expect?

lostadd
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:26 PM
2 moms liked this

No, why lose a client just because he doesn't want to work weekends? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:27 PM
He didn't want to do it I don't see what's wrong with you doing it
mischele
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:28 PM
I don't think you did anything wrong
YoungMama93
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope! But I'd get something in writing NOW that you can take jobs by yourself. Especially when working with family, ALWAYS get everything in writing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:28 PM
I don't think you were wrong, but I think this is going to end badly. You're 2 weeks in and already, so I would get this all down in writing and notarized get it legally binding so you don't get screwed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:28 PM
It's just an agreement we made between us verbally for how to arrange things for now.
I don't want any of his weekday bookings until Sept. But it seemed stupid to turn this Lady away when I'm happy to do the work myself

Quoting PPCLC:

Is this a verbal or written contract you have with him...if you have a business contract at all?

As a business owner and without wanting to do the job for the woman you booked for Saturday, who else was supposed to do the work then? What did he expect?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:29 PM

He's lucky you're already working for free.  I Wouldn't.

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:31 PM
If he's like this now you better jump on a written contract and fast or this is going to end up ugly.

No you weren't wrong.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)