Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have any of you ever taken prozac?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
My Dr gave it to me to increase my sex drive. Have any of you had experience with it making you want to have sex more? Also, were there any not so pleasant side effects?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:49 PM
I took it for post partum depression. It lowered my drive, but mine was pretty low anyway from the ppd and just from being a new mom. But I did feel better overall, and that went a long way to making me feel less hostile to my dh lol.
DonnaNoble
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:53 PM
It gave me insomnia. I quit after a few days because I couldn't sleep at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bagira62
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:55 PM
I took it for weight loss after I had my second child. Prozac can make it harder to orgazm, but it was fine for me. It also can make you feel weird about things, like driving on red ligh was not alarming to me while I was taking it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: My Dr gave it to me to increase my sex drive. Have any of you had experience with it making you want to have sex more? Also, were there any not so pleasant side effects?
luvmybug
by Traderspixie on Aug. 7, 2016 at 4:00 AM
Ugh. There are so many side effects, it isn't worth it. I took it for my depressive disorder, though.
mrsary
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 4:59 AM
Same, but regular depression.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I took it for post partum depression. It lowered my drive, but mine was pretty low anyway from the ppd and just from being a new mom. But I did feel better overall, and that went a long way to making me feel less hostile to my dh lol.
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Aug. 7, 2016 at 5:01 AM
Yes, I currently take Prozac, Abilify and Klonopin for my severe depression and anxiety.

I'm not sure about side effects to be honest. I have so much wrong with me that it's hard to pin point exactly what's causing what😥
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 7, 2016 at 5:02 AM
Please research the side effects before you take it for that. What else have you tried?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)