• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I almost got in a fight with a homeless dude

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Okay

I don't know if he was homeless but he seemed to be panhandling

I go to this same corner store as a routine.  I get coffee, a small muffin, and whatever else (gum etc) So I am quick, in and out in 2 mins max.

I am in line and I notice this dude staring through the door at me.  I put my sunglasses on so he doesnt think I notice him and can't see where I am looking. lol idk seemed like a good strategy.

I walk out and he is on me like white on rice damn it!  Follows me to my car.  I get in my car.  He is right at my door.  He asks if he can get my number, I say no

he asks if he can give me his...I say no

he then procedes to try to tell me that he just got out of jail for a 16 year sentence and that he wants to make new friends.  I said, I don't care.

Keep in mind, this is NOON, not night, not morning, there is foot traffic, people are literally just staring and I can't even shut my damn door.

So all of a sudden, when I noticed no one was looking I grabbed the metal bat I keep in my car and got out very quick.  He backed up fast and tripped backwards lol I am literally not going to do anything but I wanted to just go home and he was in my way.  So

I point the bat at him and said "Don't you ever follow any woman to her car like that and prevent her from closing her door.  You weren't in jail for 16 years, you were in prison and unless you want to go back, I suggest you stop harassing people"

Then 3 men finally run out of the store, because he is still only 5 feet from me.  They grab him and I left.  

Ugh

Why in the world?  This isn't even a bad area, it's actually very nice, which was why I was shocked.  I have the bat because I commute for work and haveto go through a bad area, not because I am scared at home.  sheesh!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:42 AM
Part of me says this didn't happen but another part of me has had this happen only I wasn't driving I was walking home from Dutch bros....

Best coffee ever btw!! If you have one near you go there they are cheap and make amazing coffee and muffins!

But yea I went around five am and he started to follow me home (only a mile walk) and kept trying to talk to me (I had head phones in but nothing playing) when I got home he wouldn't leave my drive way so my uncle came over

The guy left pretty fast
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:44 AM
Sounds like he's got mental problems.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:49 AM
Sounds like he's just a horny sleazeball to me. Sadly, I've been approached like that many times and none of those nasty fuckers could use mental illness as an excuse. They're just disgusting perverts.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Sounds like he's got mental problems.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:59 AM
You buy muffins at a convenience store??
Phoenix_lament
by Fawkes on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:04 AM
What's weird about that??? I do all the time. That'd be like saying it's weird to buy donuts at Casey's.

Quoting Anonymous 5: You buy muffins at a convenience store??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:04 AM
It happened
It was very strange honestly and I thought I reacted well.
I was just shocked that someone would physically block my door.

My entire body froze for a moment.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Part of me says this didn't happen but another part of me has had this happen only I wasn't driving I was walking home from Dutch bros....

Best coffee ever btw!! If you have one near you go there they are cheap and make amazing coffee and muffins!

But yea I went around five am and he started to follow me home (only a mile walk) and kept trying to talk to me (I had head phones in but nothing playing) when I got home he wouldn't leave my drive way so my uncle came over

The guy left pretty fast
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:05 AM
Why on earth would be think telling you about a lengthy prison sentence was the way to go, lol? Like that's a selling point?
Jabojoe
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:06 AM
I one hundred percent believe this. There are some real creepers out there. Glad he backed off and it didn't end up a dangerous situation op.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:07 AM
Lol
It's like a bakery/wine/coffee/deli shop
I am not sure what to call that

Quoting Anonymous 5: You buy muffins at a convenience store??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:07 AM
Just me that's why o said I could believe it... Men do stupid shit...

Why's everyone shocked about the muffin thing? I buy muffins at our local one all the time for my daughter and I... I love the blueberry and double chocolate ones so yummy and with a hot coco it's heaven(I'm pregnant so no coffee for me!)

Quoting Anonymous 1: It happened
It was very strange honestly and I thought I reacted well.
I was just shocked that someone would physically block my door.

My entire body froze for a moment.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Part of me says this didn't happen but another part of me has had this happen only I wasn't driving I was walking home from Dutch bros....

The guy left pretty fast
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)