• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

...but they're EXACTLY the same?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
So I needed plain, everyday panties but the brand and style I've been getting are no longer available. So I go online and look a bit and decide that "H" has something at least close to what I've been getting. I ordered two packages of one style that supposedly was being discontinued and so was reduced in price
and one package of the new style at the full price. They came today and there are three packages exactly the same except that one had a different style number and name on the package. Nonetheless the one package was almost double the price. So I called customer service and the woman said they are different and I told her they were not. She put me on hold for a rather long time before coming back on and asking me to explain to her supervisor how they are the same...they are exactly the same with all the same panties in the same colors in all three packages. Well after all this they agreed to credit me for the difference. I just thought some of you would get a bit of a laugh from this, yeah putting them all in the same package for the same customer was really not the smartest!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrettyWings29
by Caribbean Queen on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:01 AM
I thought this was going to be about fit. I've purchased the same brand in two different styles but the same size and have one pack not fit me at all! So annoying.
mommyecr3
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:03 AM
It just proves we should all be very aware of what we 'do' online.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:06 AM
That was nice of them to discount the more expensive package.

What you experienced is common in retail marketing. The packages were seemingly the same to you but had different style numbers because they were either produced in different batches, under different manufacturing, or different countries. It's very common with retailers like Gap/old navy: banana republic, Limited, and Macy's house brands.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this
No actually the style number on the panties is exactly the same and they all were made in
Vietnam. I worked in retail and honestly I think the mail order companies just do this to manipulate prices.

Quoting Anonymous 2: That was nice of them to discount the more expensive package.

What you experienced is common in retail marketing. The packages were seemingly the same to you but had different style numbers because they were either produced in different batches, under different manufacturing, or different countries. It's very common with retailers like Gap/old navy: banana republic, Limited, and Macy's house brands.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:25 AM
Your op says they had different style numbers...

Quoting Anonymous 1: No actually the style number on the panties is exactly the same and they all were made in
Vietnam. I worked in retail and honestly I think the mail order companies just do this to manipulate prices.

Quoting Anonymous 2: That was nice of them to discount the more expensive package.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:26 AM
..in this post..

Quoting Anonymous 1: So I needed plain, everyday panties but the brand and style I've been getting are no longer available. So I go online and look a bit and decide that "H" has something at least close to what I've been getting. I ordered two packages of one style that supposedly was being discontinued and so was reduced in price
and one package of the new style at the full price. They came today and there are three packages exactly the same except that one had a different style number and name on the package. Nonetheless the one package was almost double the price. So I called customer service and the woman said they are different and I told her they were not. She put me on hold for a rather long time before coming back on and asking me to explain to her supervisor how they are the same...they are exactly the same with all the same panties in the same colors in all three packages. Well after all this they agreed to credit me for the difference. I just thought some of you would get a bit of a laugh from this, yeah putting them all in the same package for the same customer was really not the smartest!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:31 AM
Yes the packages had different numbers but when I opened them the panties were exactly the same in terms of the labels on each pair.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Your op says they had different style numbers...

Quoting Anonymous 1: No actually the style number on the panties is exactly the same and they all were made in

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:14 AM
Different anon, you straight up said different style numbers.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes the packages had different numbers but when I opened them the panties were exactly the same in terms of the labels on each pair.

STVUstudent
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:21 AM

sounds like they updated the model number but made no other changed, so technically they ARE the same AND different at the same time.  Frustrating, but at least they gave you credit.

I had a similar thing happen at Christmas with a Nabi tablet- slightly different model number but it was the exact same thing.  every single spec and detail was identical, but one was on sale for $75 off... of course, the one they had in stock was NOT the one on sale... they finally gave it to me anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:22 AM
One cannot see the style number on the panties before one opens the package. As I said the style number on all the panties was the same while that on the packages was not.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Different anon, you straight up said different style numbers.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes the packages had different numbers but when I opened them the panties were exactly the same in terms of the labels on each pair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)