Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms that applied for their jobs online....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
What website didn't you use for your current job?

Only if you're currently working
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CCMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:52 AM
I didn't use a lot of websites. Not sure I can list all the ones I don't use. But I did use Monster. That is where most human resource people I know post jobs for their companies and search for resumes on there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:07 AM
Lol, how funny because most the people I know in hr do not use Monster. But I do know companies contract with specific sites and only use those. A friend of mine was even telling me they use indeed for some positions, career builders for others and Glassdoor for independent contractor positions.

Quoting CCMommy: I didn't use a lot of websites. Not sure I can list all the ones I don't use. But I did use Monster. That is where most human resource people I know post jobs for their companies and search for resumes on there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:11 AM
Indeed and Craigslist is where I found both of my jobs.
S.M.ile
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:26 AM
LinkedIn and Monster. When I applied for bigger companies, once I found the job offer, I would go to the official website of that company in the career section and apply directly. For the smaller ones, I would apply directly through LinkedIn or Monster.
I like the groups in LinkedIn, lots of interesting information and discussions, at least in my area.
SueWanda
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:39 AM
I use the websites of the institutions where I want to work.

I'm confused by your question. What sites did I not use? Anything generic or classifieds-y.
meghs82285
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:33 AM
Someone sent me the link from Craigslist. My boss only advertises on indeed now
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:40 AM
I used jobsin*my state*.com to find my job. Saw the post and sent my résumé to their HR department. I've also used indeed.
morgiefae
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:42 AM

Their company's website after I attended  job fair where they were represented. 

shadow_lark
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:42 AM
I applied directly through their website. I've never used the third party places like monster.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:44 AM

The hospital's website.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)