Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ex's new gf "put me in my place" and he broke up with her

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this

So my exs new gf has been quite the character. She has caused issues with every single one of my kids already. Nothing completely horrible but enough to make them rather avoid her than be around her. 

Well me and the kids were out at the mall. There was a small concert with some local bands so lots of people were there. All of a sudden she walks up to us. We said our hellos, i could tell my kids wanted to move on and do something else. I was pushing the conversation towards that when she says "Maybe we can all grab some lunch" I politely declined and said we had stuff to do. She invited herself! 

My kids were obviously getting annoyed. Their dad has told her to back up in the past but she clearly either didnt listen or didnt understand. 

I wasnt sure exactly what to say. I didnt want to be rude but it was weird she wanted to hang out and awkward taht she just kind of invited herself. I told her I thought me and the kids got it handled. 

She went on to say "well I can always help you out with the kids, the lord knows you need it". I wanted to tell her to fuck off right then but instead I just started walking away with the kids.

She started walking with us. My oldest asked her why she was following us, it is clear we dont want her there and we came as a family. 

The gf got upset and said "well you need to just get used to it. I'm not going anywhere so we will be family soon." I started walking towards the car figuring it would just be easier to come back later without her around. She looked at me and said "You are nothing more than the ex he threw away and his bratty kids". At this point the kids and I were pretty much at the car. As we were getting in she said "Yeah you better drive off, you know your place now"

I was so mad. DS called his dad and told him what happened. He was not very happy. I told DD (and the rest of the kids) that in situations like that it is usually best to keep your comments to yourself because you know the other person is going to make a scene and that in many cases walking away itself will be effective. She said she knew what she said was pretty rude but she just couldnt take it anymore. 

I found out later that night my ex dumped her. He called and we talked for a bit. He said he was sorry for her putting me in that position. I was honest with him and told him I wanted to flat out punch her. He said he couldnt be with a person who didnt respect his kids and the mother of his children

I feel bad for him. He seemed to really like her but she was so overbearing with everything especially when it came to me in the kids. We ended things on pretty good terms, our marriage just wasnt working out for either of us. We have been good friends since. I am glad he can ge a good enough man to put his kids first  

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Missdameanor
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Uh huh.
It's raining. =/
Nikidu
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

At least your ex is mature. Mine chose his new wife and step kids over his own. Haven't seen him in about 3 years. Strangely enough, I'm ok with that. Less stress.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:28 AM
Come up with new material.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

So my exs new gf has been quite the character. She has caused issues with every single one of my kids already. Nothing completely horrible but enough to make them rather avoid her than be around her. 

Well me and the kids were out at the mall. There was a small concert with some local bands so lots of people were there. All of a sudden she walks up to us. We said our hellos, i could tell my kids wanted to move on and do something else. I was pushing the conversation towards that when she says "Maybe we can all grab some lunch" I politely declined and said we had stuff to do. She invited herself! 

My kids were obviously getting annoyed. Their dad has told her to back up in the past but she clearly either didnt listen or didnt understand. 

I wasnt sure exactly what to say. I didnt want to be rude but it was weird she wanted to hang out and awkward taht she just kind of invited herself. I told her I thought me and the kids got it handled. 

She went on to say "well I can always help you out with the kids, the lord knows you need it". I wanted to tell her to fuck off right then but instead I just started walking away with the kids.

She started walking with us. My oldest asked her why she was following us, it is clear we dont want her there and we came as a family. 

The gf got upset and said "well you need to just get used to it. I'm not going anywhere so we will be family soon." I started walking towards the car figuring it would just be easier to come back later without her around. She looked at me and said "You are nothing more than the ex he threw away and his bratty kids". At this point the kids and I were pretty much at the car. As we were getting in she said "Yeah you better drive off, you know your place now"

I was so mad. DS called his dad and told him what happened. He was not very happy. I told DD (and the rest of the kids) that in situations like that it is usually best to keep your comments to yourself because you know the other person is going to make a scene and that in many cases walking away itself will be effective. She said she knew what she said was pretty rude but she just couldnt take it anymore. 

I found out later that night my ex dumped her. He called and we talked for a bit. He said he was sorry for her putting me in that position. I was honest with him and told him I wanted to flat out punch her. He said he couldnt be with a person who didnt respect his kids and the mother of his children

I feel bad for him. He seemed to really like her but she was so overbearing with everything especially when it came to me in the kids. We ended things on pretty good terms, our marriage just wasnt working out for either of us. We have been good friends since. I am glad he can ge a good enough man to put his kids first  

tiffluv81
by BBW on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this
What a dick. Sorry your kids received such a heartless asshole as a dad.

Quoting Nikidu:

At least your ex is mature. Mine chose his new wife and step kids over his own. Haven't seen him in about 3 years. Strangely enough, I'm ok with that. Less stress.

happyflappy
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:33 AM
This never happened but nice try.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:35 AM

He sounds like an asshole. Quoting Nikidu:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:37 AM
Yeah not buying it
rachel216
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Nikidu:

same. Mines going on 2 1/2yrs ...it's so much less drama.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:39 AM
Never happened
rachel216
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:40 AM
4 moms liked this
At least your ex didn't think that was acceptable and left her. It's nice when ppl can Co parent
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)