• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who should pay?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 128 Replies
DH & I care for his mom, she requires a 24/7 caregiver (that's me). When DH & I want to go out we have to bring in a caregiver for MIL. Generally this is anywhere between $10 & $20 an hour. DH & I pay for the caregiver ourselves.
In your opinion should MILS other children pitch in to cover the cost of the caregiver? They all live too far away to be able to come hang out with mom when we need someone.
Personally, I think they should help out with the cost since they don't help in any other way.
What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:24 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this

They should- but they won't. I'm an only child now after my mother became disabled. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:25 AM
It would be nice if they did. But I think it'd probably create drama if you tried asking.
futureteach2013
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:26 AM
4 moms liked this

In a perfect world they would help with the cost of their moms expenses. Sadly most adults do not care about their parents enough to do so. I'm sorry your not getting help. I think you guys are awesome for taking her in, and taking care of her!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:27 AM
I know they won't. They suck. It blows my mind how uncaring these people are.
((HUGS))

Quoting Anonymous 2:

They should- but they won't. I'm an only child now after my mother became disabled. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:29 AM
It sure would cause drama. If the siblings had their way they'd have her in a nursing home because"they don't have time"

Quoting Anonymous 3: It would be nice if they did. But I think it'd probably create drama if you tried asking.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:30 AM
Nursing home.
Problem solved.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you.

Quoting futureteach2013:

In a perfect world they would help with the cost of their moms expenses. Sadly most adults do not care about their parents enough to do so. I'm sorry your not getting help. I think you guys are awesome for taking her in, and taking care of her!

STVUstudent
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this

they should be helping.  Your DH needs to talk with his siblings about pitching in for mom's care.

Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:32 AM
When my grandma was sick, my mom took care of her. Her other kids sent money.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)