Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 8 year old is going to be a hoarder....ugh, HELP!

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:00 AM
  • 0 Replies

Seriously, he brings home EVERYTHING. The stupidest of stuff, honestly straight trash, everything short of the bloody pad thing under meat from grocery stores, lol. I throw it out, if he notices, he gets it from the trash and argues with me about why we need it.

We just had a very heated argument about why I threw away 15 of those stupid paper restaurant coasters that he brought home from the neighbor's house, the reasons he needed them:

"But Jeff gave them to me."

"But they have Bud Light on them." (And when I told him I didn't care, we don't drink beer, he said he was going to drink Bud Light when he got his own house, so I told him to get his own paper coasters then)

"Doesn't anyone use coasters any more?" (Yes, yes, we use them. But we have nice wooden ones, we don't need the stupid throw away paper things)

"But I gave Paw one so we'd have matching coasters." (Yes, and I'm willing to bet Paw threw the dang thing away the second you walked out of his house.....I know for a fact he did, lol)

I so can't wait until school starts back, so I can throw his "treasures" away without a fight. Surely I'm not the only one with a young hoarder on their hands.

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)