• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She wears the same thing all the time!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
Why do I bother? School started Monday. My sd (15 years old) has been wearing the same hoodie all week. Monday she wore a dark denim pair of mid thigh shorts, a dark teal and navy blue shirt under her light teal and white stripped hoodie. Tuesday she wore a pair of faded light purple, grey and white brumeda shorts with light grey t-shirt under her light teal and white stripped hoodie. Yesterday she wore a blue tye dye maxi skirt with a with a white t-shirt with blue writing on it and her hoodie. Today she left wearing denim jeggins a black muscle shirt with a captin america shield on it and her hoodie. She wears the hoodie all day so it's not like anyone can see the shirt underneath. My niece is a year older than my sd and goes to the same school. She asked me if sd has any other clothes other than that hoodie. I said yes but she refuses to wear them. I have encouraged her to wear her zip pull hoodie, her jean jacket, one of her other two hoodies or a 3/4 sleeve shirt but she refuses. Same hoodie everyday even if it doesn't match the outfit she's wearing.

If I knew she would only be wearing that hoodie I wouldn't have bought her all those clothes for back to school. The hoodie is from last year. I don't get it. Mind you it is 90° plus outside.

Teens!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Franny76
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:27 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh girl that's normal. Be happy she's not into high priced clothes.
mary716
by Bonbon Eater on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:29 AM
My kids have a favorite hoodie that gets worn almost daily in the cooler months. But it's a zip up one so you can see they change their shirts underneath lol don't stress, kids are just weird especially those of the teen variety.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:29 AM
Hide it.
futuremrsclark
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Is she possibly self harming?
That could be a reason she's wearing a hoodie when its hot out. I used to do that..
balagan_imma
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:31 AM
2 moms liked this
I fail to see the problem. She's up, dressed, and going to school, right? It's her favorite piece of clothing, probably makes her feel secure. She'll warm to the new stuff soon enough.
Jblb
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:33 AM
Don't hide it.... ^^^

I think it's normal. She comfortable and covered. Make a deal. You won't bug her about her clothing choices, but they need to be washed, once or twice a week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:34 AM
They all dress that way. My DS wanted me to buy him a hoodie when we were school shopping last week. I said no it's too hot. Plus I didn't see any on the racks in the stores. He said everyone wears hoodies even in 95 degree weather. It's stupid to be hot, sweaty, and uncomfortable just to be in style. We live in South Texas. It might be cold in November.
Sheila79
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:34 AM
I use to wear the same hoodie...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:34 AM

My 15 yo has this really obnoxious red hoodie he insists on wearing.  It's honestly insanely comfortable, but it's just obnoxious.  He takes it to school with him, because his classes are frigid.  

I finally broke down and bought him 2 nicer light weight jackets for school, that he wears instead.  He would still prefer to wear the obnoxious red one, though.

shadow_lark
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:34 AM
That was me as a teen. I had two, at least, but I wore them every day because I couldn't stay warm otherwise.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)