Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you handle it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
My routine in the morning is: I drop my 6th grader off, then my 9th grader, then my 18 year old at work. (6th grader starts at 8:13, 9th grader at 8:17, 18 year old 8:00. The two younger like getting to school early to eat breakfast and hang out with their friends). We have to leave by 7:30 for everyone to be where they need to be on time.
This is the second week of school, my 6th grader is starting to develop, we require her to wear undershirts under her regular shirts, Monday she didn't have one on, I noticed as we were walking to the car to leave for school, I had her put one on. Told her next time she was going to dropped off last if we had to wait for her. Today, I didn't see her until we were getting ready to walk out the door, she is wearing leggings with a shirt that doesn't cover her butt, this is a dress code violation and she knows this, she had just told me yesterday that leggings were not allowed at all bc of pe. And even if she didn't have pe, the shirt has to cover her butt and be mid thigh, or fingertip length, she has shirts long enough for leggings, just chose not to wear it. Anyway, I saw what she was wearing, made her go change. Put is behind 10 minutes, we left, I took my 9th grader, I hear pouting in the back seat, I take my 18 year old, more pouting, 8:05, I drop 6th grader off, full blown attitude, I reminded her again why I dropped her off last. She was still pissed. Oh well, she'll get over it. How was this handled? Would you handle it differently?

To add, if I let her go to school and they call me for dress code violation, I'll have to bring her a change of clothes. I am not able to do that, my days are pretty full.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:48 AM
As a punishment I'd probably assemble her outfits for the rest of this week and next week lol if she can't dress herself appropriately, I can do it for her. I know it bugs my 5 year old when I do that, i can only imagine a 6th grader
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:48 AM
2 moms liked this

Have her pick out an outfit the night before and make sure you give your approval.  If she shows up at the front door with something else on or is missing her undershirt, send her straight back up stairs. 

I agree with you that she should be dropped off last, especially since she's made everyone else late with the nonsense she is pulling. 

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:49 AM

Get up at 4:30am.  Kids too.  Continue doing that until they get their shit together.

You're welcome.

krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:51 AM
This.

Quoting Anonymous 2: As a punishment I'd probably assemble her outfits for the rest of this week and next week lol if she can't dress herself appropriately, I can do it for her. I know it bugs my 5 year old when I do that, i can only imagine a 6th grader
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:53 AM
Why isn't the 18yr old driving? Nobody can ride the bus? You are nicer than me lol
futuremrsclark
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:53 AM
How can you hear pouting?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:54 AM
I think you handled it the way I would've. I can't believe she was wearing the leggings when she knew they were out of dress code. Ugh, my DD is the same way.
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:55 AM
Ugh...my DD hates undershirts/bras too. She just wears two shirts. If my kids miss the bus, they lose privileges for that day and the next day. Since she made you 10 minutes late, give her some of your chores to make up your lost time. I'd also lay out her clothes the night before and put up her leggings.
hart57
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:56 AM
How old are your kids? You certainly can. Lots of whining sounds. Huffing and puffing.

Quoting futuremrsclark: How can you hear pouting?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:56 AM
This. I bought ds a bin to put his pjs or tomorrow clothes in. I look at it the night before and it's all good.

The only problem I have with her being dropped off- what time was it? Did she not get breakfast then, at all? That'd be a concern but ds needs to eat with his AM meds, even if it's a granola bar. He'd be a grouch if he didn't get breakfast.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Have her pick out an outfit the night before and make sure you give your approval.  If she shows up at the front door with something else on or is missing her undershirt, send her straight back up stairs. 

I agree with you that she should be dropped off last, especially since she's made everyone else late with the nonsense she is pulling. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)