• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I kicked SIL out of the house because she was smoking weed!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

She has been staying with us. Things havent been great but they werent horrible either. Everyone is getting on everyone's nerves. 

Well last night in the middle of the night I went to check on the kids and I smelled marijuana. I was shocked! I knocked on SIL's door and she was smoking talking on the phone with her boyfriend. I asked her to please put it out and come downstairs and talk to me. She said in a minute, well 10 minutes later she finally came downstairs with the joint lit! I wanted to scream with her but I stayed calm 

I asked her why she would think it was okay to bring an illegal drug into my house. I asked her what made her think it was okay to smoke anything in my house. I then asked her why she thought it was okay to smoke not even 10 feet from a 6 month old and an 18 month old baby. 

She just laughed the whole time. She told me I was being "fucking retarded" and that it was none of my business. DH was working so I didnt want to call him but I told her to get the weed out of my house right then and there and then pack up her stuff she would be leaving in the morning.

DH was pissed when I told him when he got home. He agreed she had to go. This morning when she woke up I told her she needed to leave

I am sure many on here will say "but it was just marijuana!" however it is illegal where I live, we are renting this house and we could get evicted over it, she didnt ask, she didnt care that it was around the kids, and she was rude about it every step of the way. 

At this point I dont know if I will ever allow her to stay in my home again  

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:50 AM

You are right-iot would be on you if the police come and it's a bad idea to have smoke around kids.  She sounds like a jerk. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow.. that was totally disrespectful of her! I dont blame you for wanting her out. I'd probably want her out too. I don't care what someone is smoking, whether it's weed or cigarettes, Do. Not. Do. It. In. MY. House. That shit stinks. If they want to smoke they can find a place outside to do it... Away from me and my kids.
SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I would have kicked her out even if I lived in a state where it was legal. The hell if you're going to smoke anything in my house especially feet from the children especially when you're high. All she would have had to do is drop it and start a fire.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

While I normally think people are pretty uptight about weed here, I think you were completely right in this situation.

Baker420
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Your house, your rules.
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:55 AM
I completely agree with you!!!! She was out of line and dead wrong and needs to get gone!
Sheila79
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:56 AM
She has some nerve. At least she's gone.
godsgirl26
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:57 AM
That was very disrespectful of her. I wouldn't have let her stay in the first place but that because I don't get along with my husband family. I agree with you I would have told her to leave also.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:58 AM
Yeah...even though it's legal here, I hate the smell and I certainly don't want my children around it. I would have done the same. Only difference is I wouldn't have waited for DH. I'd have thrown her shit out right then and there. Nobody talks to me like that in my fucking house.
twoboysforus
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have done the same thing. If you are staying in my home, especially for free, you follow the rules.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)