Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you believe in Ghosts?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:14 AM
  • 3 Replies

I have never believed nor disbelieved in ghosts. Kind of like how I've never believed nor disbelieved in angels, aliens, or God. I do recognize that science says everything is made of energy and energy can't just disappear; it has to go somewhere. If humans are made of energy then when we die our energy has to go somewhere. That could possibly account for "ghosts".

Ghosts seem to have become a big topic in my house lately. DD12 had her friend over and she introduced my older children to Bloody Mary. My youngest child (2) has a very active imagination. She has imaginary friends and relatives with whom she plays so it's not uncommon for her to come to me and tell me all about what her friends are doing or have done. Yesterday she told me that her and her friends couldn't play because there were ghosts in her closet.  Thinking this was another imaginary friend type situation I advised her to tell the ghosts to go home because she's trying to play. She came back down and said they said no and she doesn't want to play in her room anymore. I say ok and move on (again, it's not uncommon for her to use her imagination in this way. Last week there were martians in our back yard lol).

So, last night after dinner she was playing with her 9 year old sister and 4 year old brother. I caught a bit of the conversation where my 2 year old was telling the other 2 that one of the ghosts had a "very big booboo on him arm". Fast forward to about 7:45 this morning. A neighbor who I really don't know came up to me while I was outside and asked me if I had a phone book. I told her I didn't but said I could look up a number online if she needed me to. She proceeded to tell me that she needed the number to, and I quote, "a Jewish church". She then told me about how her partner of 38 years died on the 13th and he's haunting her house. She described the things he was doing (mostly moving stuff) and then told me that she's seen him twice, just standing there. She wanted the number to a synogogue so they could "untrap his soul" and he could move on. 

While I looked some numbers for her she continued to tell me about how, days before he died he had accidentally broken the glass part of the screen door and got a huge cut on his forearm. She told me the police thought that she cut him and arrested her and served her with a no contact order (way too much information to give someone you don't know...) She didn't mention how he died, just that he must have just finished showering because the shower was still running and he was found face down with his head in the closet.

So, as the human mind tends to do, I made a connection between the "ghost" my 2 year old saw with the big booboo on his arm and the woman's partner who passed. Now I'm thinking my daughter may have somehow heard about it and incorporated it into her pretend play (she really does have a remarkable imagination). She could have heard people talking when the kids were outside playing or something. I'm not sure. I can't really say I'm ready to believe the spirit of some guy I've never even seen before happened to visit my daughter. 

Have you ever had an experience that made you question whether or not ghosts exist?

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm skeptical.. my 2 year old likes to freak me out apparently.. at our old house she would always be like "mama, tell the man to go away!" And just stuff like that.. it stopped once we moved to our new house, coincidence? lol probably. I'm just glad she's stopped saying that kind of stuff.
mom2many747
by Momma Duck on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:03 AM
Bump
tiffluv81
by BBW on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:42 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)