Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It all happened so fast...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
My child is 2. He and I spend a lot of time alone together. My husband works nights and sleeps the day away. And my stepson is always someplace else, at his moms or school.

I realized today that my little boy and I have a rapport, a system, a friendship. We exist together. Help one another. Communicate. He is a person. A little independent person. He cleans up his own messes, for the most part. Entertains himself. Has thoughts and opinions and conversations with me.

It happened so fast. Two years ago he couldn't even sit up yet. Now he is this whole autonomous human being. My how fast he's grown!

My stepson was about a year old when I came into his life. He was walking, and almost talking. But he was worlds away from independent. Even now, at 7, he is still so dependent. He can't use the bathroom, get dressed, or even watch television really without begging for my help. He comes to me 200 times a day.

I just... Expected the same from my little one. But I've started to realize he is just so different.

I wish my little one needed me the way his brother does. He grew up way too fast!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
AvantGardener
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:41 AM

All kids are different. My 6 year old is very mature. He communicates well, takes responsibility for himself and advocates very well for himself. My 8 year old is the opposite. She doesn't take care of her things, she lies and does jobs half assed, she has trouble making and keeping friends, and seems to require constant attention. That being said, they had very different experiences living in the same house. Sometimes the second child gets the benefit of us learning from the mistakes we made as parents with the first child. Also, people are just differnt.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:49 AM
Yeah. I guess I can see that. I learned a LOT from my husband. I watched DH go running to SS side every time he called and followed his lead for years, before realizing it wasn't helping him. I try NOT to do that this time.

Quoting AvantGardener:

All kids are different. My 6 year old is very mature. He communicates well, takes responsibility for himself and advocates very well for himself. My 8 year old is the opposite. She doesn't take care of her things, she lies and does jobs half assed, she has trouble making and keeping friends, and seems to require constant attention. That being said, they had very different experiences living in the same house. Sometimes the second child gets the benefit of us learning from the mistakes we made as parents with the first child. Also, people are just differnt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)